Suspension Fork?

nickmpower

Can anyone recommend me a suspension fork? I just bought a Onza T-rex and plan to do some trail ridding/jumping stairs and stuff and though a fork with a little give would help out. Im looking for something cheap, lightweigh, and it has to have the 4 bolt brake holes for the HS-33 brakes.

Unless it's the old T-Rex (different shape, blue+silver, about 5 years old now) it'll be rubbish for jumps. You could put forks on but it'll raise the BB even higher and even with rigid forks, the BB is already higher than most jump bikes.

Marzocchi DJs from a few years back will have brake bosses and ought to be cheap. Check eBay.

that'll be fine with a short sus fork, tomm was referring to the newer one without a seatube

as for forks, some old z4airsports would be uber nice, i ran some z2 atoms on mine for a while and they were silly light and smooth :) air forks would be ideal as you can pump them up nice and hard (Y)

In my opinion you'll be hard pushed to find Magura 4 bolt mounts on any suspension fork. When I had my Leeson I put a pair of Marzocchi MX Comp forks on. They had 80 or 85mm of travel, cant remember which one, but they were wicked! Could get good flow out of them for tricks and, im sure in your case, jumping etc. I ran a disc on them, probably the best option if im honest.

Couldn't see them on CRC where I got mine from but I did an ebay search - http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...rzocchi+MX+Comp

its a trials bike, the geometry really doesnt lend itself to dirt jumping

To be fair, those old T-Rexes are probably more similar to jump bikes that modern trials bikes... I imagine it'd be fine.

Nick: That's exactly the bike I was talking about - I forgot they came in two colour schemes. That one should be OK with sus forks.

MX comps are nice forks for the money but they're more like XC forks than DJ. They should still be OK though.