T-bird Cranksets Y R They So Bad

i had the same cranks on my t-vee (also a shite bike) and they suck ass. i ended up getting armstrongs, which lasted me ok i guess. but the cranks you have got are rubbish as they are standard onza ones off a relitively cheap bike, so you cant expect alot mate (Y)

i had the same cranks on my t-vee (also a shite bike) and they suck ass. i ended up getting armstrongs, which lasted me ok i guess. but the cranks you have got are rubbish as they are standard onza ones off a relitively cheap bike, so you cant expect alot mate (Y)

yer i changed mine for armstrongs also lol

t-bird cranks r the cheapest on tarty witch will persuade most pple

and thats bad!

(N)

Edited by georgieporgie

I bought t-bird cranks because i was in desprate need for some cranks and they are still going fine - No stripped threads, not rounded off they are like most things you have to look after them make sure the crank bolts are tight same goes for the pedals make sure they are tight and nipped up then they sould be fine.

Liam (Y)

I bought t-bird cranks because i was in desprate need for some cranks and they are still going fine - No stripped threads, not rounded off they are like most things you have to look after them make sure the crank bolts are tight same goes for the pedals make sure they are tight and nipped up then they sould be fine.

Liam (Y)

thts the thing mine kept coming loose and the left one slid down the axle

there ok for about a week then they die , for me anyways

>_<

When my me and my local lot started trials, everyone was on missions , t-birds and t-vees and they all had thoses dreaded cranks! my mate (sheehan) managed to strip his threads on his bike the day he got it, and everyone in the group at some point rounded the cranks off! They are so bad, why do onza make such poor parts? the metal is like cheese so you have to keep an eye on pedals coming loose or crank bolts coming loose. I upgraded to tensiles and absolutly hate onza cranks!

When my me and my local lot started trials, everyone was on missions , t-birds and t-vees and they all had thoses dreaded cranks! my mate (sheehan) managed to strip his threads on his bike the day he got it, and everyone in the group at some point rounded the cranks off! They are so bad, why do onza make such poor parts? the metal is like cheese so you have to keep an eye on pedals coming loose or crank bolts coming loose. I upgraded to tensiles and absolutly hate onza cranks!

haha, they are crap because they are cheap mate, you cant expect amazing cranks for like £25 or what ever they are :P

rubbish bikes come with rubbish cranks, I bought a T-Pro, which was good bike to learn on, but I broke something every day I rode for about 2 months until finally the frame cracked. I bought my Zona Zip frame, upgraded a load of bits and now all I have to do is turn the rear pads round because I have plastic backings which make the pads wear at an angle.

The T-pros come with muscleman cranks, which were heavy and came loose all the time. I bouht some Echo forged, they have never come loose and are much stiffer, the only downside is you have to be careful with the pedal thread because they don't have steel inserts.

Edited by KuelMuel

rubbish bikes come with rubbish cranks, I bought a T-Pro, which was good bike to learn on, but I broke something every day I rode for about 2 months until finally the frame cracked. I bought my Zona Zip frame, upgraded a load of bits and now all I have to do is turn the rear pads round because I have plastic backings which make the pads wear at an angle.

The T-pros come with muscleman cranks, which were heavy and came loose all the time. I bouht some Echo forged, they have never come loose and are much stiffer, the only downside is you have to be careful with the pedal thread because they don't have steel inserts.

i got muclemen after 4 days on my t - bird (rip)

they still workin good

onza should degrade some of the parts to put on better cranks or sell it for more with better cranks

but if you do buy an onza get a t-pro

stay clear of the birds!!!

:rolleyes:

I'v still got a half built up T-Bird in my garage. Mine are perfectly fine although i think it needs a new bottom bracket because it creeks.

mine needed a new bb because of creeking

they are sooo anoying onza seriously need to upgrade

Edited by georgieporgie

they are like most things you have to look after them make sure the crank bolts are tight same goes for the pedals make sure they are tight and nipped up then they sould be fine.

Just as Liam says, if you keep your pedals and crank bolts tight they will last great! Its most important when the cranks are brand new, since they 'bed in' and give a little bit where they contact other parts (pedal thread, BB axle). All aluminium cranks do exactly the same thing, its just cranks like Middleburns (for example) use higher quality materials so can stand up to abuse a little better.

In short, whenever you fit new cranks, keep checking the pedals and crank bolts are tight literally every half an hour for around the first week or two you have them.

yes i greased it but it still creaked so i upgraded

one of my friends had a t-vee where the cranks and the bb axel rounded off

anyone else experienced this or is it a one off? (he did ride them for a month with no bolt without knowing)?

Edited by georgieporgie

Don't see whats wrong with them, at the end of the day they are cranks on a starter bike, only thing I don't like about them is that they look terrible.

To be quite honest on a starter bike, at that price range the cranks aren't going to be the best spec.

As Adam said, its down to maintainance, if your crank arm comes loose and you can't be arsed to tighten it then this is what happens.

They are good cranks and can take a beating, I just don't like the aesthetics of them, also a Front freewheel can't be run on them, but as starters they do the job perfectly well.