Magura Hs33's ?

jake201

I've been having exactually the same problem with mine. It seized up so I brought a metal TPA but now I have somhow cross threaded it so it still doesn't work. I think that the best way to sort it out is to either take it apart and clean it as it might be dirt that it making it stiff (thats what also happened to me), or just buy an 04 magura as I don't know anyone who has had any trouble with theirs.

Chris

Hi I want to Know why my Magura HS33 always doesn't want to work ? The ... TPA becomes seized up and does not want to turn around ? How can i stop this from happening ?

Thanks,

Jake.

(Y)

A good way to get rid of this problem for a wile is to simply strip all the parts down and check all the threads are intact, and apply the corect lubricants to separate parts, But high quality mechanic grease is a good idea for the TPA system.

But like people were saying it may be that TPA nut is threaded , and you can get replacements for these, but when you replace them make sure you don't apply to much grease or it will adjust itself (loosen) but make sure their is enough grease to keep it running smoothly.

Thanks

Barry

Sorry for nicking your topic ;) but i didn't think this was worth a new thread.

How exactly would i get the TPA off if it is completely stuck?

I have taken the lever blade off of the lever body and I cannot unscrew the TPA, there doesn't seem to be any simple way to get it off.

Please could someone tell me how I get it off intact?

Thanks.

I have taken the lever blade off of the lever body and I cannot unscrew the TPA, there doesn't seem to be any simple way to get it off.

Thanks.

mole grips and spin it out while the lever body is on the bar?

mole grips and spin it out while the lever body is on the bar?

Sorry, I don't quite understand how I'm supposed to do that.

Do you mean clamp onto the metal part of the TPA system and start turning it?

If thats what you mean, surely it will flatten all of the threads off when it hits the side of the lever blade?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

i would not worry bout it mate lol mine has been broke since the week i got mine so i just move the callipers in a bit and that way the brake works fine you dont really need the tpa lol.

from mitch.

Yeah I know, mines been like it for a while now.

I just like to have my brakes set up perfectly, you can't seem to quite get that without using the TPA.

Its also kind of annoying when you need to bleed your brakes and your TPA is half unscrewed.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks.

My simple technique is to get a small flat head screwdriver and a hammer. To start rest the whole blade against something solid like a wall and go at the TPA ajuster hammer and chisel style. :)

My simple technique is to get a small flat head screwdriver and a hammer. To start rest the whole blade against something solid like a wall and go at the TPA ajuster hammer and chisel style. :)

Ok, but I do want to have the TPA off in working condition ideally.

Well if there doesn't seem to be any other way then I think I'll have to do that.

Thanks.