Quick Releases

kristov

about 5 weeks ago i was just crusing along a flat fram track doing about 15 mph i see a pot hole in the track buny hop over it and wam my front quik release came undun i got sent flying over the handle bars and end up with a brocken colar bone:(

has any one else had this happen to them (the wheel falling off) and what make of quick release was it?

about 5 weeks ago i was just crusing along a flat fram track doing about 15 mph i see a pot hole in the track buny hop over it and wam my front quik release came undun i got sent flying over the handle bars and end up with a brocken colar bone:(

has any one else had this happen to them (the wheel falling off) and what make of quick release was it?

Yep, it was an uber cheap one and I have twatted the lever where it went out the other side, this made the circlip fall off and the lever fall out as I was riding.

It hurts quite a lot.

yea i had a front disk

It's well good fun, I am no expert but I dabble occasionally. We always used to do it on rides when one of us had a puncture, was quality.

I reckon if you ride trials your body is half way towards being able to do most of that stuff, just gotta learn it! Who's seen TRA's old vids where the 2nd half of the vid was free running?

yeh lol, apart from i was riding to the bike shop without one, to go and buy one.

you blatantly didnt check/ tighten sufficiently

yeh lol, apart from i was riding to the bike shop without one, to go and buy one.

you blatantly didnt check/ tighten sufficiently

thats what you'd think but i had been riding on it all day and even checked it about an hour befor i did it

thats pretty odd, perhaps the wheel was shit so the quick release turned as it span....

could of been that but the quick releaes i was using didn't close properly by that i mean it didn't spring close when it got to acurtain point (if you know what i mean) it alwaysed wanted to spring open

What forks do you have? Most forks have little 'tabs' on the dropout so you can't take the wheel out if its just loose/undone. You need to actually wind it out a fair bit.

I'm rocking a Shimano QR at the mo, but i really want a Sun Ringle 'cos old school ballers used them.

What forks do you have? Most forks have little 'tabs' on the dropout so you can't take the wheel out if its just loose/undone. You need to actually wind it out a fair bit.

I'm rocking a Shimano QR at the mo, but i really want a Sun Ringle 'cos old school ballers used them.

i have no idear why the wheel didn't stay in beause my forks do have those "tabs" so....