Wheel Dishing

Caleb

my wheels offset to the left, do i loosen left spokes half turn tighten right half turn to return central?

so left undo half , right tighten half etc etc.

sounds like common sense but dont want it off to the left further

If it's offset to the left. I wouldn't reccomend loosening the left, i.e bringing it further to the left meaning your gonna eb giving the right hand spokes a hell of alot more work to do.

If my understanding is correct. You tighten the right one's mainly.

Danny.

If it's offset to the left. I wouldn't reccomend loosening the left, i.e bringing it further to the left meaning your gonna eb giving the right hand spokes a hell of alot more work to do.

If my understanding is correct. You tighten the right one's mainly.

Danny.

err no, loosenening the left and tightening the right will move the rim across to the right and because you uindid the left side slightly there will be less stress on the right hand spokes.

so i was right at the start? don't want to sound arrogant just checking as loosening one side and tightening the other should accommodate between tensions?

ill give it a try anyways

Yes.

The only slight problem with this method is if you have really loose spokes. If you loosen a tight spoke half a turn, it will lose a lot of tension. If the spoke is already loose, half a turn will make very little difference.

What I tend to do is to go around the wheel first and tighten all the spokes to similar tensions. Basically do up any spokes that are really loose. That way, you can simply tighten one side and loosen the other. Though you may end up having to straighten the wheel slightly afterwards either way.