Onza Sealed Front Hub.

onza boy 46

last night, after 3 hours of trials riding my onza sealed front hub bearings(well think it the bearings) locked and would not move unless i turned the wheel by hand, any way i was wondering is it possible to replace the bearing or not? thanks

It is possible to replace the bearings it the t-master hub. I have replaced the bearings in the rear T-master ones before. u have to find a way of getting the axle out and then knocking the bearings off of the axle. It is quite a difficult task but it is possible.

I've taken out there little grub screw bolts from each cone and it's still very stiff, should i prises them off with a screw driver or something like that or not? cheers

To get the bearings out mate, you need to hold the wheel up and smack the axle with a hammer(put a bit of cardboard or plastic where your hitting so you don't ruin the thread).

you should now have one set of bearings out. now use the axle to get the other set of bearings out. the spacers with the grub screws should come of aswell.

good luck (Y)

last night, after 3 hours of trials riding my onza sealed front hub bearings(well think it the bearings) locked and would not move unless i turned the wheel by hand, any way i was wondering is it possible to replace the bearing or not? thanks

You live quite close to Derby so get yourself down to Derby bearings. They will sort you out in no time with quality bearings that are ever so cheap! If they don't sell the right ones they will make some that will would fit.

Put the wheel into a vice and give the axle one good smack and it should come right out(Y) . It will take one bearing out with it but the other bearing that is left in the hub you would need to try smack it out with a screwdriver and hammer. Putting it back in you will need it gently hammer one bearing in at a time when the axle is in the center of the hub. Being gentle putting them back in will mean your wheel will be perfect and ready to ride :D. If the bearing breaks putting it in then you will have to start all over again. Dont want that!!!