Cheap And Cheerfull Frames

Once you are good at trials and are confident.

I would recommend a Monty 221pr Frame.

A very light weight frame and exstremely strong.

It comes with disc mount and hydrolic 4 bolt fittings.

I was looking at buying one but thought ther price would be

too much as i know very good riders with them.

But they are only £170.

which i think is a good deal.

Once you are good at trials and are confident.

I would recommend a Monty 221pr Frame.

A very light weight frame and exstremely strong.

It comes with disc mount and hydrolic 4 bolt fittings.

I was looking at buying one but thought ther price would be

too much as i know very good riders with them.

But they are only £170.

which i think is a good deal.

Strong? Im afraid not, I have an 07 221pr. Fell off the other day, downtube landed on the wall, no force or presure on the bike when it hit it but now have a big dent. They are exactly the opposite to strong. Montys are fairly week due to the fact that they are mainly designed for competitions, where the bike should be light and easy to flick around, and lets me honast most comp riders are really smooth aswell. As soon as you get a monty on a wall in the street thats it, slip to downtube, dent. Drop off 7 foot, crack. However I have had two now and i really like how montys ride and would recomend them to anyone. Cheers

I have an 07 221pr. Fell off the other day, downtube landed on the wall, no force or presure on the bike when it hit it but now have a big dent.

That doesn't mean they are weak, it just means you hit the tube on a wall and dented the frame. The Montys are designed mainly for comp use so their tubes are generally a little thinner than other manufacturer's to make them lighter, doesn't mean they are weak though. A well-designed frame with thin tubes is stronger than a poorly-designed one with thick tubes (Y)

ok jamie harry the one hu live wid ma cuzen he friend chris n aaron

What the f**k is that supposed to mean?

That doesn't mean they are weak, it just means you hit the tube on a wall and dented the frame. The Montys are designed mainly for comp use so their tubes are generally a little thinner than other manufacturer's to make them lighter, doesn't mean they are weak though. A well-designed frame with thin tubes is stronger than a poorly-designed one with thick tubes (Y)

My mate hammered his, huge drops and stuff and it cracked undo the headtube/downtube area, he got it welded and heat treated and its still going, just as strong as before. His Dad owns a motorbike shop and knows a guy through that welds motorbike frames for a living on crashed bikes when they get cracked.

Ok, I dont disagree at all. I suppose i worded it wrong, in my opinion and people in my towns opinion, we feel montys are weaker than most bikes. However like you say 'A well-designed frame with thin tubes is stronger than a poorly-designed one with thick tubes'. I am not saying they are crappy weak frames at all, I would defonatly recomend one to anyone. Imo though I feel they are weaker than most frames. Other peoples opinions will be different though and I would say yours would be more accurate than mine (Y) Cheers Josh