Onza Citrus Pads

thornabytrials.co.uk

what do you lot think about the onza citrus pads?

i got some for free along with a few other bits as a kinnda "compensation" for a mess up with an order.

ive got them on my bike at the moment with a smooth rim, i cant praise them enough! i love them.

any one else think there brilliant? any other pads better for a smooth rim?

one word, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had them, I thought they were gash, first I had it on a smooth rim(crap), then I had a light grind(crap) and then i had a medium grind(was ok in dry, but since I live in scotland, and its always raining, they were crap)!

Johny!

I had them on a worn grind, I wasn't happy because they slipped really easily, so i ground my rim again, then they fell apart.

I actually would pull my front brake on when going down a hill, and a big puff of yellow bits would fly into the air. I was adjusting my TPAs every 15 minutes.

ORIGINAL.

Thank you.

Hes not even from the UK and hes beaten two of you at spelling. Lol.

But yea, I had a set and didnt really get along with them. They were ok I suppose but they wore down very quick.

Edited by kcchan

My mate put a brand new set of citrus pads on straight after he gave his rim a fresh grind - they lasted a week and eventually the backings were all that was left - I definitely would not recommend these pads for sharp grinds as they will wear down fast!

On the other hand though - on worn out grinds or smooth rims with tar, they can be quite good indeed, I felt they had good hold and great bite

I recently set my freinds bike up with a pair of citrus pads, on a fresh grind (light)

And they are really good! and they dont loose there power in water as they are designed for them!!!

They wear down fast to start with but then they get to a point and dont wear much after that!!

Id recommend them any day of the week!!!!!

Hope i helped, danny!