Bloody Freewheel!

howard-moon

Got a new free wheel the other day and tried to put it on today, but can't get the old one off!

Tried usin the tool, don't work,

i've broken off the teeth so i can put the rest of it in a vice and use the crank as a lever,

nothing seems to work...

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

my mate had an acs on his cranks and he asked the bike shop to take it off for him as he didnt have the tools to do it. so when the bike shop said no we decided to get a hacksaw and put the crank into a vice and cut it off. it took us a little while but we did eventully get it off.

If you can get it in a vice and use the crank arm as a lever, there's two things you can do...

1. (My personal fave) twat it with a mallet.

2. Get a scafolding pole over the end of the crank, so you get much more leverage.

Make sure your going the right way when doing it mind.

(Y)

Got a new free wheel the other day and tried to put it on today, but can't get the old one off!

Tried usin the tool, don't work,

i've broken off the teeth so i can put the rest of it in a vice and use the crank as a lever,

nothing seems to work...

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Nice too see some mighty boosh fans :D

Try Greese/WD40

If you can get it in a vice and use the crank arm as a lever, there's two things you can do...

1. (My personal fave) twat it with a mallet.

2. Get a scafolding pole over the end of the crank, so you get much more leverage.

Make sure your going the right way when doing it mind.

(Y)

thats how i do it, spins off like a treat. matt

i had a crappy dicta one already on, oviously it broke within 2 weeks of having it and would not come off, so i welded a 25mm socket to the back and use 1/2 drive breaker bar and it came off very very easy lol

Edited by onza boy 46