Keep Snapping Pro 2 Springs

King C

My Pro 2 has had a couple of skipping frenzies since I've had it. I bought it second hand off here. Once Ive pooped the internals out I usually find a spring broken and the pawl just flailing around which is why its skipping. But I dont know why they keep snapping. I dont bend them for "the enhanced sound" and theres no grease or anything in the hub except for a bit o wd40. I've snapped 2 springs in about 3/4 months and I never hear of anyone elses doing it.

Any ideas?

My Pro 2 has had a couple of skipping frenzies since I've had it. I bought it second hand off here. Once Ive pooped the internals out I usually find a spring broken and the pawl just flailing around which is why its skipping. But I dont know why they keep snapping. I dont bend them for "the enhanced sound" and theres no grease or anything in the hub except for a bit o wd40. I've snapped 2 springs in about 3/4 months and I never hear of anyone elses doing it.

Any ideas?

Personally i wouldn't leave just a degreaser like wd40 in my hub. Once its gone the hub will be running dry which is not going to be good on the internals. I'd put a couple of drops of light oil in there personally, and as adam suggested a bit of grease on the jinges/joints should help things last a little longer.

You could probably get stiffer springs. Plenty of places on the web that sell springs. Stiffer springs would be stronger but not sure how much of a difference it would make. Getting the right sizes can be a pain too.

You could probably get stiffer springs. Plenty of places on the web that sell springs. Stiffer springs would be stronger but not sure how much of a difference it would make. Getting the right sizes can be a pain too.

Seeing as its a leaf spring design you'll also need the right shape of metal too. Its not your conventional coiled spring.

hi guys i open'd up my pro 2 today for the first time and i was shocked to see what hope had put in it :o it was a realy thick blue grease wich was making my pawls stick like crazy i couldnt beleive that stuff so i started to clean ti out abit when i found a snapped spring but i quickly found a soloution so i ran off to the shed cut up a eno freewheel and robed one of the pawls and it works very well ^_^ but im sure acs springs will sufice hope this helps anyone .

i had same problem so i made the 2 what i snaped out of phila gage (sp?)it is abit louder mind you but had them in a few weeks and not a sound of sliping, can take pcture if you like? did them in a difrent shape :rolleyes:

Happened to mine a month back but thats the only time its happened amd the hub was a year old + hope were real good about sorting it and sent me 4 new springs. DOes seem abit odd though, id speak to hope about it

• 1 month later...