Very Bad Mistake

bikedude789

I bought a onza t-pro off ebay £200 inc p&p.

It was sold as working.......

They were very wrong.

Just started cycling round on it just to get you to the feel, no tricks attempted.

Then the wheel locked up, had to get it fixed at halfords £20 for some dohnut bolts, brake brake wasn't working well. Needs bleeding? Took it in to leisure lakes, they said i needed a whole new brake because the insides had been corroded buy the wrong oil the previous owner had bled it with.

Tell me your thoughts and opinions :).

Nothing you can do. The deal has been done. You took the bike away from the property in working order. In all fairness if yuo were to take it further. He could rpove that it was working before you took it away and it is your fault. Sorry buddy. Its the way things work unless you buy an item brand new where by it has warrenty on.

Danny.

Trials riding is an expensive sport. These things happen. If your not expirienced with trials and the bikes. Always take someobody with you when buying a second hand trials bike who knows about them so he can give it the quick check over for you to make sure everything is in working order (Y):). Sorry to hear about your problem.

Danny.

If you're 100% it was sold as working order, then you need to inform the buyer that he has sold the product under a false description. Don't be arsey. Just explain to him that you've had to buy new washers + a new magura and his initial inspection of the bike, no matter how qualified he is (he could be a bike mechanic, who owns his own shop etc.) was incorrect and could have caused injury.

like i said, don't be arsey, but if i sold something that was actually f*cked id definitly like to know. With proof, Id give a partial refund too as a "sorry"

If you're 100% it was sold as working order, then you need to inform the buyer that he has sold the product under a false description. Don't be arsey. Just explain to him that you've had to buy new washers + a new magura and his initial inspection of the bike, no matter how qualified he is (he could be a bike mechanic, who owns his own shop etc.) was incorrect and could have caused injury.

like i said, don't be arsey, but if i sold something that was actually f*cked id definitly like to know. With proof, Id give a partial refund too as a "sorry"

I agree with you 100% partz my freind. It's a shame alot of people are not like that. :(.

Good luck anyway pal.

Danny.

Edited by Danny Kearns

whole new brake because the insides had been corroded buy the wrong oil the previous owner had bled it with.

No flud does corrode the inside of a magura, and if its a t-pro i suspect that it is

maybe David can answer that one for you but does seem like an excuse to charge money

you can do nothing to a magura that ment you would need to buy a totally new one....

• 1 month later...