Avid Sd7 Spares

Ben Jones

Well ive only used them on slight bodge because of the spring, but they seem good so far.

The standard pads i got were poo, but im going to be running some rockpad greens on the rear hopefully soon.

Can't wait to see how they turn out, hopefully better than my maggy :)

p.s i ran it with a crappy shimano lever and cable, but was still alright. I'll be running it with a linear slic cable and SD7 lever.

Edited by Ben Jones

The exact setup I'm getting, at the minute at least!

Glad to hear they seem good so far, anybody else used them?

yup i had an sd7 with xtr lever on the back for ages, proper bo, not much different to my full ultimate setup, just a tad noisier really

deore arms are also worth a peek at :)

yes i've used both (and many more: xtr, ultimate, lx, arch rival, sd5, stx rc, tektro jobbies, truvativ as well as a kabillion maguras to compare too :P)

anyway, theres not really any difference between deores and sd7s performance wise, sd7s look sleeker i guess. make sure to run the proper large headed allen bolt with the deores if you get them, cos otherwise the washer that presses in and holds it together can pop off (only if you use a standard small allen bolt)

theres no real point going for anything more expensive than an sd7 or deore unless you go ultimate (worth every penny), avoid anything that uses a parallel push system cos its wank compared to conventional arms.

also when fitting a v, dont forget that when the brake is pulled and locked, the arms ideally want to be parallel for the best performance, so many people just bosh it together with wank pads and cable, then set it up wonkily, and say they are shit

yes i've used both (and many more: xtr, ultimate, lx, arch rival, sd5, stx rc, tektro jobbies, truvativ as well as a kabillion maguras to compare too :P)

anyway, theres not really any difference between deores and sd7s performance wise, sd7s look sleeker i guess. make sure to run the proper large headed allen bolt with the deores if you get them, cos otherwise the washer that presses in and holds it together can pop off (only if you use a standard small allen bolt)

theres no real point going for anything more expensive than an sd7 or deore unless you go ultimate (worth every penny), avoid anything that uses a parallel push system cos its wank compared to conventional arms.

also when fitting a v, dont forget that when the brake is pulled and locked, the arms ideally want to be parallel for the best performance, so many people just bosh it together with wank pads and cable, then set it up wonkily, and say they are shit

Excellent thanks Paul :)

Brother's in town now, and hopefully ordering a full rear SD7 for me, and will see how that goes. Ultimate will be on the cards if all goes well though.

SD7 arms, SD7 lever, Linear Slic cable, Heatsink adaptors, Heatsink CNC backings, Rock Blue pad material

Sounds nice, so lets hope it matches that performance wise!

Excellent thanks Paul :)

Brother's in town now, and hopefully ordering a full rear SD7 for me, and will see how that goes. Ultimate will be on the cards if all goes well though.

SD7 arms, SD7 lever, Linear Slic cable, Heatsink adaptors, Heatsink CNC backings, Rock Blue pad material

Sounds nice, so lets hope it matches that performance wise!

My front is SD7 arms and lever with a shimano generic teflon lined cable. V-adaptors and Maggie blacks. I dont do a lot of front wheel moves but its a solid setup. You'll be fine with SD7.