What Rotors Can I Run In My Bb7?

SQuiT-man

Im in need of a new disk rotor for my avid bb7, which came with a 185mm rotor..

I'm running FATTY forks btw, don't know if this makes a difference since i know nothing about disk attachments, etc

Can i run a 205mm hope disk, or 203mm avid disk, without the need for additional fittings??

Also, what rotor replacements would you reccomend bearing in mind im not made of money? lol.

Cheers,

Scott

Hope rotor will work, not aswell as an Avid rotor though, Avid's have 'shallow' pads and hope rotors are 'deep'. Basically, the Avid caliper/pads wont contact all the Hope rotor surface...I cant describe it very well, but I know what I mean :P

Only the trials brake and the old mini brakes do.

All the new mono brakes have same width as avid brakes.

Matt Rushton

You can buy the Avid adapters from Wiggle - I.e. the bit that connects the actual caliper to the IS mount. So get a 203 front one of them. No need for the +20mm or whatever.

A 205 rotor will fit; you might need to put extra washers on the adapter, unlikely though.

Fatty's have Int. Std, disk tab, meaning you can use any 180/183 or 185 rotor. The A2Z ones on ebay are a decent buy, pretty strong, cheap, adn theres a few shapes to chose from.

So a bb7 can take a 185 Avid rotor without ANY modifications to the brake apart from a minor pad realignment?

yes, as long as the adaptor for your avid is to suit a 185mm rotor, then any 185mm rotor will fit, obviously some will work better than others. I reccomend the hope saw rotors, you would need the 183mm virsion, the depth of the braking surface is perfect for avids!