Tensile Cranks

N Roach

well makesure you get the new ones i went through a set about every 3 months of the other ones haha

Yeah, the new ones, Im wanting to run a ffw with OUT the bash, does this work?

Edited by chocolate_bikes

Yeah - I had the older set but cracked them, but I was determined to still ride them but the cracks got bigger and was just too dangerous to ride. I eventually managed to snap the drive side while getting the freewheel off and to make matters worse, I couldn't take the pedals out as they were stuck in, We used long spanners to attempt to get them out but they stayed in and in the end, snapped a spanner.

But I did run them for quite a long time as I bought them about a year and a half ago from Superstar on the forum so they served me well up unto this point.

They're apparently snap happy but I've had mine for about 20 months now and they're still in great shape. Tapers are still super tight. Definitely going to stick to them in the future, even after my pair snaps. The only downside I can think of is that they're not exactly as stiff as say Adamant or Echo cnc cranks.

Why do people use such emotive terms as "Snap Happy", the implication being that they all break rapidly. Let me give you some facts.

The old style. Produced 3200 pairs worldwide. Replaced FOC 36 individual cranks. Most were heavily battered and most were older than eight months. Replaced half price 28 individual cranks. All heavily battered and over 1 year old. Obviously others may have broken but we were never approached about replacements so I can't comment.

The new style, Urban Legend we have now produced our third 1000 batch and so far replacements have been absolutely minimal. They are used by several top ten world riders and are fitted as original equipment to two top French brands and of course the top Onza models.

It's always nice to have clarification Mike, thank you.

I've had no problems what so ever with my set, I know I'm not a particularly harsh rider, I'm fairly light, smooth, and don't do big stuff, so I cant really comment on the durability of them, but I really like mine, even if they do enjoy taking little chunks out of my ankle every now and then :P (I've not combatted this with some nice Adidas Monaco GP race style boots, very comfy to ride in)