Thinking Of Startinf Trials

Dougizzle

Hey guys, I have seen a few video's of trials and i think it would be something i would enjoy getting into, but i am unsure if its really "for me" I am 14 and 6ft tall and growing. Lol is that too big :D There also isnt alot of obsticals and things where i live and i have only seen 2 or 3 people doing it. Umm if you have any good reasons for me to join in please say :D I have around £200-300 :) what do you all think i am very intersted.

Thanks :D :D :D Yeah i put an f on starting (i was rushing :D)

Edited by Dougizzle

Would probaboly need a stock bike as 6ft on a mod would be silly.

You can only "see" 2-3 obstacles, trust me there will be many more you are just not used to looking for them yet, it comes in time, you will spot lines etc.

Possibly save up a bit more to get a solid starter bike like an Onza T-Rex or something similar.

Would probaboly need a stock bike as 6ft on a mod would be silly.

You can only "see" 2-3 obstacles, trust me there will be many more you are just not used to looking for them yet, it comes in time, you will spot lines etc.

Possibly save up a bit more to get a solid starter bike like an Onza T-Rex or something similar.

Nah you won't need a stock at all.

Find these people you've seen in your local area, ask them for goes of there bikes, see which you prefer. (Y)

My mate is 14 and 6ft 2 and he rides a 20.5tt bmx. So, if you prefer a mod (20" wheel'd bike) over the stock (26" wheeled bike) then get one.

hi matey i am looking at getting into trials for the last few weeks and have done a fair bit of research. This is only my opinion so dont take it as fact, but i have riden 20" (mod) and 26" (stock) and found the 20" easier to ride and lighter. Im 6ft tall similar to you. I think 26" in my opinion wil be more fun/rewarding once im good but when you at the stage of strugling to hop up a curb lol the 20" would suit me fine! if you want a 20" look for a 2006 t-bird or simiar as they are well equiped and suprisingly can be picked up for around 100-300 depends on condition. if you want 26" u can buy a new phase 1.3 for roughty your money or a second hand onza t-rex which i would go for if i was you. Hope this helps cheers chris.

Nah you won't need a stock at all.

Find these people you've seen in your local area, ask them for goes of there bikes, see which you prefer. (Y)

My mate is 14 and 6ft 2 and he rides a 20.5tt bmx. So, if you prefer a mod (20" wheel'd bike) over the stock (26" wheeled bike) then get one.

True, true. I'm about/nearly 6'3" and I ride a mod and get on with it fine :)

I started riding trials quite recently, like a few months ago and am finding 20 inch great for learning on although im not 6 ft, so dont know how it would be on a 20 incher for someone as big as that. i have seen a pretty big guy ridin 20 inch though around where i live and it didnt look to bad... Try looking on ebay and places like that for second hand bikes, i built up a t pro with maguras on it for around 250 by buying most of it from friends second hand. good luck!