Mad Phase 1.2 Vs Onza T-rex Spec 1

duggyd

Hi,

I was just hoping to get opinions on these two lowbie bikes. I'm looking to buy one, and can't choose.

Leaning towards the MAD, as i hear the Onzas are very heavy?

I'm an intermediate trials rider, used to ride quite a bit in Bristol, but have not ridden for a few years now, and am looking for a cheapy bike to get me back into it.

I am open to suggestion of anything else I've missed that's out there, i have £500, want 26", and not single speed. oh, and HAVE to have HS33s! :)

Any advice and general opinions would be great, thanks guys!

Hi,

I was just hoping to get opinions on these two lowbie bikes. I'm looking to buy one, and can't choose.

I'm an intermediate trials rider, used to ride quite a bit in Bristol, but have not ridden for a few years now, and am looking for a cheapy bike to get me back into it.

I am open to suggestion of anything else I've missed that's out there, i have £500, want 26", and not single speed. oh, and HAVE to have HS33s! :)

hi mate i have a mad but it is completly costom witch i am selling it is very light and strong but the onzas are good to jordan

Hi,

The T-Rex is very light. I have an 03' or 04'. I don't know the year, but it is very light for a stock bike.

Mine is for sale for $650, but I don't think I won't to send it to Britain. Saracen's suck. I've never seen one not have problems.

hmmm, so the T-Rex comes out better? It does look damn solid, and looks better than the MAD too. :) I ride very lightly, so strength is not too much of an issue, I'm sure both bikes would suffice. So weight is more of a concern i reckon.

Does anyone know the weights of the bikes off the shelf? I have looked for ages on the net, and can't find them anywhere!

Cheers

Hi,

hi mate i have a mad fore sail but it is completly costom in looking 4 about £800000 for it it has hope hubs/hs33s gears or single speed but the standered mads are very gd to eney questions please ad <snip> or call <snip> after 3.20 monday to friday or eney time sanerday or sunday thanks jordan.

Get the t-rex they are tanks! Yes they weigh about 2 tonnes but they are great bikes and look and the bright side you will get buff riding it! :P

LOL.

Buff i would need to be! i'll haev to ride it and see how heavy it really is, but i'm leaning that way. The frame's meant to be awesome :)

And Jordan, have you got a link to photos of your bike? Why are you getting rid of it?

Cheers

hi mate i have a mad fore sail but it is completly costom in looking 4 about £400 for it it has hope hubs/hs33s gears or single speed but the standered mads are very gd to eney questions please ad nosellinginnmc@hotmal.co.uk or call 0800 SPELLING after 3.20 monday to friday or eney time sanerday or sunday thanks jordan.

You're not allowed to sell in NMC and if you ever plan to get out of here into the main forum, you had better improve your spelling :turned:

'Mad fore sail' indeed...

meimao005.jpg

LOL.

Buff i would need to be! i'll haev to ride it and see how heavy it really is, but i'm leaning that way. The frame's meant to be awesome :)

And Jordan, have you got a link to photos of your bike? Why are you getting rid of it?

Cheers

Sure, I got pictures. I'll post some at the end of my post. I'm getting rid of it cause I'm going to a mod. If you got any more questions, you can PM me.

Here are the pics. If you want more, let me know. There is also a link in my signature to the same photo.

post-15159-1189353401_thumb.jpg

LOL Tomm, spelling *** right?! Hehe.

I'll pass thanks Jordan, i want the newer version, and I'm in the UK too.

My mind has been made up, the MAD has been removed from the equation. :) Thanks to everyone who posted advice, very much appreciated. I will now see if i can save for the Spec 2 T-Rex! lol

Cheers.