Iphone Uk

Joel

Not really that much difference to be honest, it's just kinda cool to have WM6 :P I've also found that the battery life is increased a lot with some distros, which is cool, upto about 3 or 4 days, which is good considering one distro i had it would barely last 12 hours.

But back to iPhone. Yeah it's toughened glass on the screen, pretty resistant to abuse.

Sod paying £35 for a laugh for the contract!!

Thats like a £20 contract with t-mobile. I pay £35 for my contract (+£50 for the N95 handset) and get way more shit than that.

Another apple gimick that people will regret buying.

the only think i don't like is the massive price for the phone, because you get unlimited web which is about 7/8 quid from other networks so there's a fw quid in there which seem to be just for the sake of gaining back the ground they gave away to apple.

shit son, o2 gotta get paid.

what network you with si-man?

for all those worried about iphones in your pockets, as far as i know, the touchscreens are not pressure based ones, they work on voltage change due to the conductivity of your skin.

I am pretty sure that's how all touch screens work, but the one on my phone is still made of plastic and I certainly won't be trying the key-scratch test with it!

EDIT: Just read your article, maybe there are other kinds of touchscreens. But the one on my phone is the same technology as the iPhone, just plastic not glass.

There are a lot of people talking a load of bollocks in this thread, I haven't read through all the posts mind you.. Did a bit of skimming and before anybody goes off on one doing their maths and saying ridiculous things like "it'll cost you over a grand by the time 18months is up" do your research..

Here we go..

Ebay example.

There are loads and loads of Iphones on ebay for sub £400. Which gives you the 8GB unlocked version of the phone. Thats the easiest option.

Now, if you want one cheap and you don't mind waiting out keep looking everyday at the iphones for sale in bid only auctions on Ebay, if you're lucky/patient you'll find one for under 300.. You will get it even cheaper if you buy from the US - ebay.com instead of .co.uk. A friend of mine bought one for £240 including postage.

Just a quick example, it literally took me one search to find this phone that was ending in 3 mins and went for £254.. Obviously postage will be a wee bit more but you could easily find one for around 250 incl. postage if you put the effort in.. Quick example.

Now this cheap price will be locked to the AT&T network. Well that's no use is it? Wrong.

Introducing.. IPHONE UNLOCK SOFTWARE

It's NOT a con and it DOES work. This is the software that's been on the news, CNN website alsorts.

So yeah, nuff said really?

I love macs and my ipod is not bad, atleast better than most mp3 players i've owned but i have absolutly no desire to buy an iphone for some reason. I like the looks and the touchscreen but then I can't be bothered to use the email and wifi. I only text and phone people with my current phone and play games on it when i'm seriously bored :P. i can t justify the 8-900 quid it would cost over the 18 months

theres loads of unlocked iphones on ebay right now. they work on all GSM apart from 3, are these worth getting, will they work fine or will there be problems with them?

edit just read the page before after i posted lol, but still, will there be any problems with them?

Edited by trialsking 55

The only problem you might have is that in the future apple may release a software up date or something that conflicts with the software on your phone after its been unlocked. But they will almost certainly patch it, the unlock software that is.

As for what J-KAY said.. f**k opening up and soldering a phone that cost nearly £400.. thats nuts when you only need a software hack!!

By the way when the Iphone is released in the UK we will be getting them in Guernsey sold with no contract, this is not a hacked phone but one that is sold with warranty intact and everything.. and as some people may be aware, Guernsey is VAT free.

So if anyone fancies an Ipod for 15% cheaper than you'll prolly be able to get in the UK then I may be able to oblige! For a small 'handling' charge that is. :)

the only think i don't like is the massive price for the phone, because you get unlimited web which is about 7/8 quid from other networks so there's a fw quid in there which seem to be just for the sake of gaining back the ground they gave away to apple.

shit son, o2 gotta get paid.

what network you with si-man?

Im on t-mobiles Flext35 contract. £180 credit to text or phone whenever you like, and free evening and weekend calls from 7 till 12. Not bad really

You live in Guernsey? I would be interested. but surly if its not on contract then fetures like confrence calls and visual voicemail wouldn't work?

The only thing that won't work is Visual Voice Mail.. And depending on what the UK provider decides you might not even get this with O2. Visual voice mail is an AT&T feature you see. So O2 might not be able to provide the servcie anyway.

Hope that makes sense?

The confrence calling would be one of the (many) reasons i want to get one.

Say i were to get one, then use the software to unlock it then later decide i would rather have a contract could i reverse it to a contract phone?

Edited by RR_Trials

When you can have more then one person in a call at onetime (call merging)

It would be used ALL the time especialy when arranging a ride:

Phone Ryan:

wonna ride?

Yeah..

Meet at 3 at tesco

Phone Matt:

You comming on a ride?

Yeah sounds good..

we will meet Ryan at 3 at tesco.

oh i can't mate i can't get out till half 3

Phone Ryan:

Change of plan half 3

Phone Matt:

Yeah Ryans cool with that

Oh, ring jimmy to see if he wants to ride.

Phone jimmy:

Oright mate wont to ride?

Yeah ill come out at 5

You get were im coming from if i had Ryan and Matt in the same phone call bam its just made me ridning around to ask whos riding a hole load easier.