Peta

poopipe

I clicked on this link cos there were suspenders in the picture

when I got to the page i read some of it and a thought occurred...

PETA stands for something like People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals right?

How the f**k is it ethical to cut a dogs gonads off? Isn't it just like neutering Ethiopians cos there's likely to be a drought in the next 20 years and their kids might starve to death?

discuss

Edited by poopipe

I always thought that was a slightly 'funny' one.

I think the idea is to reduce the numbers of stray animals as there are already lots of unwanted dogs. The stray dogs probably have miserable lives and so by neutering(sp?) dogs there will be less strays and so less suffering.

It's probably a 'lesser of two evils' type thing. But yeah you could well argue that neutering a dog is unethical to the dog.

PETA is an american organisation - I'm currently undecided on how 'good' they are. The peta kills animals thing is run by a guy who is head of KFC or something like that so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I asked PETA about them killing animals and they said that they basically have to put a lot 'down' as they have been so badly treated that they are put down to end their misery.

(Y)

I can imagine this sort of thing happens a lot in in large organizations where it looks as though it goes to their head and they forgot the whole idea of the org.

Just went on the anti KFC site and read this.

KFC allows its suppliers to scald chickens to death in tanks of hot water intended to remove their feathers after they're dead and to abuse them in other hideous ways.

Hmmm :P