Keeping The Front Up

jack_h

Eyup matey!

I'm new to this too, and am up to a massive 2 or 3 hops now!

To stop it comin down, lean back a bit more!. I was told that whatever you're not used too (i.e. falling off the back!) go out and do.

It works I think. For 5 mins or so just pull the front up and fall off the back. When that sort of feels ok, then try hopping again.

Worked for me anyway. Good luck!

hey all,

I have been out practicing today and can now do a single hop on the back wheel.

The reason i cant do more is because after the hop i always drop the front.

Any tips on how to keep it up?

thanks

Jack H

hiya mastering that took me a long time but i found the best way of keeping the front up was to hop backwards slightly each time.

hope that helps and best of luck

mitch

I haven't mastered this yet (two or three hops) but recently i have been practicing wheelies.

wheelie after wheelie and have been adjusting my angle and i believe i have found my balance point for wheeling.

Shame wheelies are useless! And the key to getting there is, going out on your bike every day.

Hope i helped ;) and good luck!

hi guys, I've just recently started back hopping. My best is about 10 hops at the moment, and what i learnt was if you lean back but with bent arms(just a little bit) and keep springing your legs it works just fine. Well it did for me. Oh and one more thing, doing really big hops on the back wheel wears you out a hell of alot more, so keep the hops minimized! hope I helped ;)

hey all,

I have been out practicing today and can now do a single hop on the back wheel.

The reason i cant do more is because after the hop i always drop the front.

Any tips on how to keep it up?

thanks

Jack H

WEN THE FRONT IS CUMIN DOWN JUST MAKE A SLIGHT KICK ON YOUR FORWARD PEDAL THIS WILL CORRECT YOU AND LEAD YOU TO LEARNING PEDAL KICK (FORWARDS HOPS)..

Just try to relax when your riding, stick your bum a bit out the back bend your legs, but try to stand up, use your arms and the momentum for your kick to take little hops, dont try to bounce massivly up and down, just try to stay on the same spot (or a lil backwards) while hopping :)

if the fronts dropping after the first hop,

-try and get the front wheel higher to start with

-lean back a little more

-and the thing that had me when i started was the brake lever set up (i was holding the lever blade with 2 fingers), if u slide the brake lever out so your 1st finger only touches it, it becomes so much easier to hop. especially when you start to pedal kick!!!

you'll get there eventually!!! hopefully!

Edited by cai