Zildjian Cymbal Set Up

Andeee

Right Basically im after some new cymbals preferably zildjian ive had enough of paiste and sabian.

i am wanting oppinions of what model cymbals i should have preferably these sizes and types:

no zxt's etc... mainly the custom and avedis series etc.

14" hi hat

16" crash

18" crash/ride

20" ride

Help me please.

Andrew x

From what I have used, the Avedis 20" ride was a bit plain didnt really have any striking characteristics so pass on that.

The K-Custom 16" Dark crash (I think it was) was absolutly sexual, very nice, soft and erupting depending how hard you hit it, you cannot thrash it though, its good for mellow areas of songs when you want a soft crash that doesnt stand out too much to ruin the feel of the verse or whereever your using it.

K-Custom Dry 14" hats, just oh my god, the most amazing sound ever, expensive but worth it, they really have a nice tone, they cut through everything as well, sound amazing open/slightly open, and very good closed, clean and crisp.

Go for a K custom dry ride, whatever style you're playing for. They are amazing.

If you're a heavy player, go for Z custom crashes. If you're not so heavy, go for K or K custom. If you're an inbetweeny, go for A customs. Z customs and A customs complement each other very nicely, as do Ks for K customs.

Go for the K hats as above, or the A custom projection hats. The 13" type of the projection hats have a nicer tone and a much crisper sound when closed.

A custom is boring. :P

i'd get something nice like the 14" K light hats. VERY nice hats, crisp and quite mellow. Get some nice K Custom dark crashes too, they're wonderful. a 21" A sweet ride is a classic, can't go wrong with it, quite neutral ride with plenty of wash (if that's your thing) and great bell.

I have heard great things about the 21" A armand ride too, apparently quite similar to the sweet ride but nicer...

I'm personally going for a set of 13" K regular hats and a 21" sweet or armand ride. Probably a 18" dark crash and 17" fast or something, both K customs.

if i only had the money....

ps. lots of sound clips here, http://www.indoorstorm.com/Cymbals_Zildjia...ls-c-41_68.html