Anothing Computing Question

trials_pimp

Right.

Installed a new motherboard in my PC.

Was told I should re-instal Windows so it runs the right drivers in Windows for the New Board.

Now my windows is slow to start, and im told this is because its searching for the wrong drivers.

Is there anyway to get rid of the old motherboard drivers without reinstalling windows, as I dont have a version to install.

Umm slow booting. Can be a lot of things, mainly the new motherbord it having a large BIOS.

You've done the right thing of re-installing Windows, how did you do it thouhg? Through BIOS i hope and a full formatt? If not then there is your problem

Windows doesn't surplie full drivers to everything, it knows whats on there and how to run it sorta. You'd still need to add drivers to make it run sweet.

Do you have a copy of Windows? I guess your running/wanting XP

I havent re-installed windows yet, still running from the same hard drive, and still the same instalation from the old motherboard.

So a re-instal is the thing to do then?

I dont have a copy of windows to instal, im sure I can get one somewhere.

Is Vista worth the bucks, im perfectly happy with XP

Edited by trials_pimp

I havent re-installed windows yet, still running from the same hard drive, and still the same instalation from the old motherboard.

There is you problem right there mate

So a re-instal is the thing to do then?

I dont have a copy of windows to instal, im sure I can get one somewhere.

Yeah thats right, it's new, it reset the lot, it'll be loads faster. Bit torrent one maybe. It's also a valid CD key you need as well. I'm not sure what TF's rule is on piracy so i stop there.

Is Vista worth the bucks, im perfectly happy with XP

Personly Vista is highly rated, taken a white paper servered on Bill to get SP1 for it and even then it's public BETA. It's also depends what you PC spec is.

XP is fine and is what i recomend highly