Need Some Info On My Set-up

Greetings

Get a KMC K810 chain for a start. It withstands the same maximum load as the K710.

74Kingz tensioner ?

Anyway, I don't really think your rear end is heavy. Hansventures are one of the lightest dual ply tyres, Kings aren't especially heavy either and the Hog rim is essentially a Try-All rim. In fairness, your rear end is probably as light as that of an XTP bike which has a 1,3kg rear tyre.

Well the king hub is prritty light, as i think stan shaw went to a king from a pro2 due to weighing a little less so i would proberly stick with that. Lighter rim such as tryall may be or drill big holes/cut squares in your hog rim. Lighter kmc chain the 710/810 one i think they are. The one on tarty anyway. Also take your bashring off and chop the half of it you dont use off. More than likely if you went to a fixed hub it would be lighter but i wouldnt do it to be honest unless your really going to take it serious and ride at a high level and little shaveings make a difference. Decent light weight tensioner would be rohloff or 74kings ( if you get this add 2 strips of hacksaw blade as extra tension and the tension is really great). Also if you use a really thick inner tube go to a thinner one.

Zennith - heavy

Hi-Fi forks -heavy

Hope XC/Ronnie (the thinner rim)

Random front tyre- could be lighter depends what you got ie steel beaded????

Hope mono mini 180- could be lighter with a v

FSA Pig - could be lighter hope, king, tensile ace or anything really

Echo stem/Zoo bars

Dengura/cousts No booster.

Echo forged cranks/bikehut pedals.Drilled GU bash - bikehut pedals will be heavy i guess??

Tiagra Mech/KMC 710 - i know you have tried a 74 kings but these weigh nothing and i have never had troubles

King/Hog/Hansventure

Thats about it, and it weighs in at around 12/12 n a half KG.

hope it helps

Drill some holes in your frame a guy I work with did it to his zenith his feels dead light. He cut a whole in his head tube and drilled wholes into the gusset area around the break booster.

joe

flog the zenith and buy a new frame? dont drill holes in it.

get some wellgo mag pedals and use them. saves lots, but if you're a basher, use them on comps only..

light front tyre like a schwalbe nobby nic or oldschool mich hot-s.

get super light tubes front and back. i used to use some cheap cheng shin ultrathin tubes front and back for ages with maxxis tyres, no punctures. currently running maxxis welterweights in a big betty on the back and in a mich mountain xtrem front.

if you want the bike to feel more balanced, get a heavier front tyre.