Trying To Learn The Right Pedalkick

TrialZonn

I'm trying to learn pedalkick so I can do some sidehops and pedalhops(gapping)...

I've learned pretty well balance on the back wheel...I can do 20-30 hops...and I can keep balance without hopping too...

But what I cannot understand is the brake control in moves such as Pedalhop...

I lower the front wheel to create momentum but then I don't know what to do...

The only thing I succeed is hopping a little forward...but I can't catch the brake lever again and do another hop...

I don't know when must I pedalkick and with how much power...

Please help me if you can and give me some advices for the move cause I haven't find any tutorial describing the move so well...

Thanks

Its hard to explain how to do it, you just do it. You will soon pick it up, but my advice is get up on the back wheel, let your brake off and pedal, then brake again, then pedal. Once you can do that try and add the hop. The lower you let the front wheel drop the further you can hop. Also watch people do it or there are videos on you tube, i arent sure but i think Ryan Leech may have done one

You just need to do it (As in don't think about it). Don't go big to start with. Just try to hop a few inches forwards. You just have to dip the front end a bit, put pressure on the pedals slightly before you let go of the brake and then try to put the brake back on when you're in the air.

The pedal kick is rather a hard move to explain. You kind of want to be on the back wheel with the back brake on then lower the front wheel and do a small 1/4 pedal stroke with your front foot starting at about 1 o'clock and do a small rear wheel hop at the same time. As soon as you have done the pedal stroke lock your rear brake again ready for the landing. You may have to experiment with the size of the pedal stroke so you land on the balance point.

I hope this guide may help you, I learned to do a pedal kick by watching the Ryan Leach instruction videos and the website www.trials-online.com

Andrew

try whatching the ryan leech videos on youtube that should help you understand them a little bit more they helped me to do the back hopping they are really helpful but the pedal kick is quite hard to explain watch the videos on youtube and you should get the hang of it after you have watched them