Is It Worth Goin Front Free Wheel ?

Curly-Sam

allrite there peeps

just wondering on you opinion of goin front freewheel ?

i have a koxx level boss 26" and at the minute i have middle burn cranks and a rear hope pro hub converted to single speed .

i was wondering ifits worth stayin like this or goin ....

front tryall 108.9 freewheel with echo cnc cranks and a ehco fixed rear hub with the built in mech ?

please leave comments on ur view

many thanks sam

Edited by Curly KoXX levelboss 26

Hi i think front free wheel is alot better as it engages quickes as there is less chain slack. To be honest it is entirely up to you what you do because at the end of the day it is your bike and you have to ride it, but if it was me i would go front free wheel. Try riding other peoples bikes with front free wheel and see if it is easyer or not. Oh and nice selection of parts. (Y)

allrite there peeps

just wondering on you opinion of goin front freewheel ?

i have a koxx level boss 26" and at the minute i have middle burn cranks and a rear hope pro hub converted to single speed .

i was wondering ifits worth stayin like this or goin ....

front tryall 108.9 freewheel with echo cnc cranks and a ehco fixed rear hub with the built in mech ?

please leave comments on ur view

many thanks sam

change the tryall freewhell for the monty... monty is better than tryall 108.9 (Y)

hi mate. Ive never tried a rear hope. but Ive recently changed to a try-all 108.9 and its great. really responsive. also got a Monty freewheel in the post for 07 typhoon 26 so ill let you know how that feels in about a week when Ive tried it. stay away from the eno though. its pants. not worth the money atall.

hi mate. Ive never tried a rear hope. but Ive recently changed to a try-all 108.9 and its great. really responsive. also got a Monty freewheel in the post for 07 typhoon 26 so ill let you know how that feels in about a week when Ive tried it. stay away from the eno though. its pants. not worth the money atall.

cheers mate thanks alot :)

hope to hear from you soon about the monty

Take it from me, going from freewheel to freehub was the best trials related thing I've ever done (apart from going stock from mod).

Don't waste your money, get a pro2 rear hub, they're absolutely briliant, engagement is the same as an eno/monty freewheel and like someone rightly said, try-all freewheels go bang.

I ride a 26" mod and would love to swap my frame for a standard spacing stock and get a proper rear hub and ditch my freewheel. So much hassle setting up snail cams.

I was also thinking how much more it must wear your chain running a front freewheel... as whenever you are coasting, your chain is whizzing round. Where as on a rear hub, it stays still.

One more point is that front freewheels munch your trousers if you're not careful! I've been completely emobilised before by getting my trousers proper cogged up in the freewheel. It felt like either the freewheel was gonna explode or the chain was gonna snap! It didn't sound good!

I run a Tensile at the moment. I highly recommend it! Not only is it affordable, it's only skipped on me a few times in the year I've had it. Just a stip-down and re-lube every few months to keep everything ship-shape. But I'd much sooner have a Pro2!

• 2 weeks later...

Nah don't, it's a waste of money.

I've got FFW, I would rather have a freehub, but I can't be arsed changing as it almost impossible to get a rear Mod freehub with a disc mount.

Yes, I do know it can be done by using the sheel from the stock equivilant in most cases, but I can't be arsed spending the money.