Connecting Xbox 360 To Pc

Callum Trialsin

trying to connect my xbox 360 to pc so that i can get xbox live, ive got and ethernet cable running from pc to xbox. when i test the connection it acnoledges the fact that its a wired connection however when it tests the IP adress its doesnt read it, so i go onto the settings menu on the xbox and my IP adress is correct. what do i need to do pc end to set up the connection or something. a guide or something would be great. also i did do a search but most people have just asked how to connect and nothing on how to set it up.

cheers

If you are just using a pc and an xbox and you're not using a router you can easily get away with running them without playing with the ip settings. Just set the settings on both the pc and xbox to automatic, you may also have to change a setting on your computer to share the internet connection.

You using a crossover cable?

i was just told to run and ethernet cable from xbox to the network card in my pc. quick explination on what a crossover cable is would be good.

edit- i get it with the crossover cable stuff (quick search) so thats the reason its not working

Edited by Callum Trialsin

• 2 months later...

Ok now i need help.

I've brought a crossover cable, pluged it from my xbox to my pc. Enabled the none wireless adapter, then i get lost. The xbox can't find any connection, and the wireless won't work either because of an 'ip address conflict' :S

Any help guys?