Skipping Freewheel

Onza-dude

You can buy spares for it, Open it up and see whats damaged, It could be the Springs, Teeth or Pawls. Springs and Pawls are around £5 for the set. If you see damaged teeth then its a tricky one. But it would still be covered under half price replacement policy. So, complete new freewheel for £17.50.

Lets just hope its the pawls or spring ay, Otherwise contact Super cycles because as they are the ones with the Half price replacement scheme and they are the only people who stock Tensile freewheel spares.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Joe

my eno (before it went over next doors fence) used to skip alot. i just stripped and cleaned it all. rebuild it and it was fine. for a week. got borde...got a try-all. the new monty one is mint too.

I wish i lived next door to you !

just take the tensile apart and have a look at it and give it a clean.

You can buy spares for it, Open it up and see whats damaged, It could be the Springs, Teeth or Pawls. Springs and Pawls are around £5 for the set. If you see damaged teeth then its a tricky one. But it would still be covered under half price replacement policy. So, complete new freewheel for £17.50.

Lets just hope its the pawls or spring ay, Otherwise contact Super cycles because as they are the ones with the Half price replacement scheme and they are the only people who stock Tensile freewheel spares.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Joe

When my tensile started skipping i done the lock ring up.It made it louder and it stopped skipping.If it keeps skipping just buy another one.

my eno (before it went over next doors fence) used to skip alot. i just stripped and cleaned it all. rebuild it and it was fine. for a week. got borde...got a try-all. the new monty one is mint too.

I wish i lived next door to you !

just take the tensile apart and have a look at it and give it a clean.

Cheers i will try them.

Can you guide me through how to get it of ? :$

My Tensile skipped a few times. I took it apart, cleaned it all with White Spirit and then put it back together and lubed it up with Finish Line wet (green lid). Felt like a new freewheel after doing this!

My Tensile service guide...

I can't remember exactly which way the bearings go in, just make a note of how they come out and put them back in the same way.

1. Leave it on your crank.
  2. Remove the lockring. I used 2 small allen keys in a vice so they line up with the holes on the lockring. Push on freewheel and unscrew.
  3. Remove the 3 (i think) spacer rings.
  4. Lift off the outer bit (with the sprocket and ratchet on).
  5. Now you can remove the pawls and springs (note which way they go in, so u put them back right).
  6. Clean everything with White Spirit or similar.
  7. Check for any damaged parts (mine has been fine for 10 months so far)
  8. Put all the pawls and springs back in (check they push in and spring out OK).
  9. Now the hard bit... I wrap a bit of cotton round the pawls to pull them all in... then push on the ratchet bit while twisting as to keep the pawls pushed in. Make sure you put in on the right way up
  10. Once that's back on... you should be able to twist it round and see all the pawls engaging (looks very cool).
  11. Put in some lube if desired and then put the 3 spacers back on top.
  12. Screw the lockring up as tight as you can without rounding the little holes on the lockring.
  13. Give it a twist, it should feel sturdy and sound like a beast.
Sorry if it's a bit vague, it's hard thinking exactly how I did it. I've got a pic of it in bits if you want, it's 812kb so a bit big to post up. I'll put it up when I acquire Photoshop again.

Give it a good service and if some of the pawls/springs are f**ked then replace them!

Always make sure the lockring is ALWAYS tight!

Or...

Buy a new one!

Echo.Josh

X-x-X

Wel my tensile hasen't skipped once in like 5months atleast. I think its just wheather your lucky or not.

Hahahaha....

Good try...

Echo.Josh

X-x-X