New Meta Stock Vid And Review

DangerousDave

Download:

http://eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/metadave.wmv

Youtube:

Comments Please.

Heres a short review of my frame kit and some random parts that I felt were worth reviewing.

Meta Frame, Fork, Bar, Stem: As I said when I first got this frame, I was really scared of how a 1095 frame would ride for someone my size, but after putting some time on it those fears have been put to rest. I've developed some pain in my left elbow recently and cutting the Meta bars down to 27" has definitely helped ease the pain, not to mention I have more control on the bike. I played around with a shorter stem for a while but I think the current bar/stem combo fits the bike perfectly. One thing about this frame is that it's indestructible, I honestly don't know if I could ever dent this frame, let alone break it. I've managed to break my sidehop and tap record already, still have to figure out hooks though.

Blue Rock Pads: TrialsPads.com sent me some blue Rock pads not too long ago and I'm pretty impressed so far. They've been working really well in the wet and haven't shown much wear even with a few harsh grinds on the rim. Had to break them in a bit and wear off the outer layer but since then they've been great and they seem to have more bite than my old bloxx.

Try All Freewheel: I'm running the 18 tooth freewheel and I've heard a lot of different opinions on these things. But personally this is probably the best freewheel I've ever ridden. It has skipped once and only once when I first got it and since then it's been really solid. Much more so than the Eno's I've used in the past. If it blows up I won't be too pleased but I really can't complain because of how perfectly it's worked up to now.

Kenda Nevegal StickE front tire: I always used to think that Kendas were really grippy and when it's dry that holds true. But since we've hit the rainy season I've really noticed that this tire just doesn't grip very well when wet. It really doesn't compare to a Maxxis or Try All when it comes down to wet weather performance. I suppose the only reason I wanted to run it is because it's light.

Mod is up next...