Sticking A Divx Film Onto A Dvd

Tomm

I want to stick a film I've got onto a DVD so I can watch it in the DVD player downstairs. It's just a bog standard DVD player (no DivX or anything clever like that) so I need to do some conversion. I believe I need to convert to MPEG2 - Which I can do using my favourite program (Super) so that's not a problem. It's after that - getting it onto a DVD that will play in a normal DVD player. I need some sort of DVD authoring program?

Does anyone know what I need to do? (Preferably using freeware).

EDIT: This is using my mum's computer which has an OEM version of Nero that doesn't even do DVD video discs, so I think I would need some burning software too.

No, it's actually my Mum's computer since I'm home for Christmas and didn't bring mine back. It has Nero but only an OEM version that basically does nothing. Didn't realise the full version of Nero had that functionality. I might try and see if I can get it for this PC.

No, it's actually my Mum's computer since I'm home for Christmas and didn't bring mine back. It has Nero but only an OEM version that basically does nothing. Didn't realise the full version of Nero had that functionality. I might try and see if I can get it for this PC.

To change nero oem into the full thing its just a case of typing in one of the serial codes that allows dvd access. If its nero 6 i have the code you can use, if you have nero 7.... well, its available from "those" types of places ;)

Argh this is really annoying. I have now got the full version of Nero 6, but now I need to buy the DVD plugin.

The first thing I tried was a program called avi2dvd which seems to work OK but there's a conflict in my Xvid drivers apparently so it gets to encoding the video and stops (Avisynth- cannot decompress frame 0 error). IT'S ALL SHIT.

I know, and I edited your post cos you're not allowed to do things like that on this forum ;)

Looks like Nero 7 is working now (Thanks boats). Thanks anyway.

Sorry mate, i went to bed... sent you a pm again but i guess you've got it sorted now. Naughty downloads rock ;).