Pink Gu Pads.

Ashley-Wood

Hi,

im in need of getting some new brake pads and i thought i would give the gu pads a try out, but the only ones i can find is the hard compound ones,can anyone tell me where to get the soft ones from please? (i have a smooth rim)

If not could you tell me what pads would be THE BEST for a smooth rim :P

thanks alot x

the pink gu pads were introduced last year they were a slightly harder compund to zoo pads and gave very poor proformance in all conditions , on grind they were down exsesivly and roll through because the compound just grinds down when any preasure is aplied . As for a smooth rim the red pads wernt as bad if you used alot of tar . If i was you i would avoid these and the new echo pads becasue they are all terrible , buy yourself some zoo pads and you will be laughing mate ^_^

Edited by liam-pantera

the pink gu pads were introduced last year they were a slightly harder compund to zoo pads and gave very poor proformance in all conditions , on grind they were down exsesivly and roll through because the compound just grinds down when any preasure is aplied . As for a smooth rim the red pads wernt as bad if you used alot of tar . If i was you i would avoid these and the new echo pads becasue they are all terrible , buy yourself some zoo pads and you will be laughing mate ^_^

Cheers mate(Y) the old zoo pads then yerrr? :)

:huh: I run a front maggie with echo reds, and they work about 5 times better than any other disk i have had, or ever used, with or without tar, on a smooth rim.

If i was you i would avoid these and the new echo pads becasue they are all terrible , buy yourself some zoo pads and you will be laughing mate ^_^

I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish.

What evidence do you have to support your opinion?

Echo pads are a slightly harder compund than Adamant pads, which are slightly harder than ZOO!'s.

I have tried Echo pads and ZOO! pads and found that they both work amazingly on a smooth rim.

So my assumption would be that the GU and Adamant pads work just as well.

thats what i found thats all i told him , ive been riding for about 5 years now and ive tried nearly every pad and ive tried every echo pad and i wasnt impressed by any of them except the zoo .

these the 07 echo pads?

the old ones were shit...

new ones are meant to be better though (Y)

Edited by Grant Hundley

I've had two sets of echo pads, 06 and 07. Both are Shite. When you run them on a smooth rim, you need wayyy too much tar to get a good hold, and then they don't unlock well. Just forget about running echo pads on a grind, they wear out in less than a day. And they have shite lock on a grind as well. I've since gotten rock blue pads, and all my braking problems have gone. Best pads ever (Y)