Giant Team Trials

bricktop 2980

If you have never rode a modern Trials bike before I think there an absolute dream going from a dirt jumper to a giant trials team, everything just seemed so easy compared to riding a Kona Shred for trials and very light, but saying that I have just built up and ridden my 24UK and riding that was amazing its a lot lighter then the giant and very very flicky and I keep lifting the bike up too much to balance on the back wheel.

So if you have never ridden a modern day trial bike I see nothing wrong with starting out on a Giant you can get them at a reasonable price and they ride very nice for a beginner IMO.

i ride one and love it.

i dont think it has any bb rise so feels a bit more like a normall bike compaired to most modern trials bikes.

they're good fun to ride and i find easy to learn on.

slightly short for a stock but its fine though, i can gap just over the length of the bike on the floor.

My friend Gilly rides on and he loves it, I'll tell him someone was asking.

The geometry is roughly:

wheelbase 1040mm

chainstays 405mm

BB height about -5 or -10mm

head angle 72 or 73 ish

So it's fairly short which makes it good for a beginner. The chainstays are longer than most trials bikes, that has advantages and disadvantages so it's personal preference really. Same for the low bottom bracket. That will make it feel more like a normal mountain bike and be good to pull up into a manual, most new skool trials bikes have it higher though.

Visually they look great and you get somewhere to sit... bit of a no-brainer really!

I absolutely love my Giant its the best frame ive ever owned! Tommy D got the geo pretty much right, its fairly short as trials bikes go, with quite long chainstays and a bottom bracket drop. That said, i'm over 6 foot tall and have no trouble at all.

I find it very good for quite streety smooth riding. Heres a couple of piccys of mine :)

post-6772-1199652006_thumb.jpg

post-6772-1199652025_thumb.jpg

As with a lot of things, it kinda depends on what style of riding you want to get into. I'm a big fan of bunnyhops and spinning and manuals and streety things like that and i find the giant great for it. I suspect its shortness probably limits my ability to do big static gaps a bit but i prefer to do them rolling whenever possible anyway, so its not a problem for me.

If you want to get into streety styles of riding it would be awesome

If you fancy yourself as the next Neil Tunnicliffe then its probably not for you

Looks pretty good to me! Its got a great spec for the price in my opinion, even with a slightly longer stem than i'd have which would probbaly help a tall rider like you to start off.....

I agree with you on the seat front its nice to have somewhere to sit down during rides!

A giant is going to seem a lot more like the old mtbs that you rode than a more recent trials bike would, so it would probably make for a great transition into trials. I dont have any trouble with its shortness really, i used to ride a long mod, and find that i cant sidehop quite as high or static gap quite as far, but absolutely everything else feels nicer and more fun to do. Theres some videos of me and Tommy D riding on here, if you want to see a tall rider (me) on one....

Infact heres one......

Edited by gilly