Left Foot

Ryan Blackwell

OK... interesting stuff, let's throw some more tests into the mix. Here's something I found about snowboarding...

Cross your arms.

Ok, which elbow is on top? Left? Ride regular.

Right elbow? Ride goofy.

Slide across the kitchen floor in your socks. Which foot first?

Stand straight with your feet at shoulder width. Have someone push you square in the chest... which foot do you put back to balance yourself?

The last one I think could have a lot to do with trials. As you're on your back wheel often... you might use your more stable foot/leg to balance yourself on the bike?

I'm right handed, I kick a ball with my right foot. I ride right foot forward... fair enough. When folding my arms, my left elbow is on top. When pushed backwards I put my left foot back (which fits with this theory!) and I slide across the floor right foot forward (fits as well).

Do these tests work for anyone else?

Fyfey :turned:

right handed, right footed generally, right elbow on top, right foot forward on a bike, left foot forward on skateboards etc. didn't have anyone brave enough to push me

I'm a bit odd then

eskimo are a sillyman .

you hold your fork in your left hand so you can use your good hand for wielding the knife

Edited by poopipe

I kick footballs with my right foot. I have my right foot front when jumping on bikes. But I also prefer to have my right foot forward when skateboarding and snowboarding(goofy), all my friends rides boards with the left foot forward.

How does it look like when you compare bike with board?

I'm the same

I recon the stupidest thing is right handed people have use their dinner fork in the left hand. Again that's just pure stupidness, why oh why do we have the fork on the left?

And people who push mongo are also idiots.

:P

Amen brother!

Right - Am I being dumb here? Which elbow is 'on top' when you fold your arms? I don't understand.

woman-in-suit-standing-in-front-of-restr

Her left elbow?

Yeah... her left elbow. The one on our right.

To be honest... I reckon it's completely random and there's no connection. Maybe the elbow thing has something to do with which way you can turn easier... "right elbow on top.... turn easier clockwise"??

I recon the stupidest thing is right handed people have use their dinner fork in the left hand. Again that's just pure stupidness, why oh why do we have the fork on the left?

And people who push mongo are also idiots.

:P

I have the fork in my left hand to hold the food so that I can use my right hand for the cutting motion with the knife. When I've cut all the food in small pieces I switch the fork to my right and start eating :D

We should learn everything with both right and left foot forward. Sidehop both left and right. I can do a 180 down from things in both directions without any problems first time I did it the "other" I thought I would crash and it felt wierd just before the jump but actually it went as good as the first way.

On snowboard I've learned to ride both ways. And when just balancing without any jumping like riding along a railroad track I have my left forward.

So start doing it both ways!

Thats me...

I wright with my right hand...

Kick a football with my left...

Ride with my left forward...

Little strange but..

Just a little tester...Start of with your right foot moving in a anticlock wise direction then draw the number 6 (starting from the top) in the air with you right hand... After you have done this try moving your foot in clockwise direction... See which is easier...

After that try the same withyoue left foot and left hand...

haha ste (Y)

Edited by trials ste

Everything right handed and footed, apart from trials. Really we are just making trials even more of a challenging for ourselves just for the hell of it :P PRO

Same with me, however i spin clockwise (looking from above) but i think it is all to do with things you did when you were younger and then you sub-soncisouly carry it on. For example when i was much younger i used to skate (rollerskates) and i always spun clockwise. If i was just rolling on my skates my left foot was always slightly further ahead of my left (felt more balanced) All this cross arms, draw sixes touch your nose lick your elbow stuff if funny and interesting but i dont believe there is a connection (i would love there to be one, but i dont see it) It is interesting to see the patterns though.