Which Stem?....for An Echo Pure Long

Ben Davies

hello chaps, ive recently bought an echo pure long, and it was recommended to get a high rise stem as the bottom bracket is pretty high, ...so, i have a try all one on there at the moment and it is 130 mm long with about 20 degree rise, looks the dogs, brilliant for side hops up stuff and technical stuff, but dreadful for bunny hopping, manualing, i find it almost impossible...ive also tried an 80 mm kore elite, the bunny hopping is easier, but it feels like im hanging over the front end as it has very little rise and it feels really short!!? so, .....does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same bike as you i think, and i run a tms stem and it feels pretty good apart from bunny hopping i think thats just because of the length of the frame though.

IMG_0023.jpg

heres a pic

my stem is pretty much the same size as that mate, very similar set up too, except im running cannondale fattys on the front and black rims.....are the long frames known to be not good for bunny hopping then? ive just picked up a 2nd hand giant team trials as a little project street bike and ive just been messing around on it outside my house, the first time i went to manual i fell off the back! its amazing how different it feels! its extremely light......

Yeah really the shorter the frame the easier to bunnyhop in my experience.

Mostly why most mod riders bunny hop to back wheel while stock riders tap, although on long mods they sometimes tap.

If i ride a day on my MTB it feels so weird having to put the effort in to manual when i get back on the trial bike.

Actually quite weird ;)

Brad.

hi i have a pure 07 i am running a symtra re-system stem its 115mm 15deg rise, i am wanting a longet stem with a bit more rise anyone want to swap stems??

im ok for the minute bud, just bought the try-all one so need to give it a chance......cheers anyway :-)

its because of the bb rise,the lower the rise the easyer it bunnyhop.modern trials frames aren't really designed to be bunnyhopped but they are made to be easyier to do specific trials moves such as rear wheel hops,taps etc (Y) hope that made sence.

steve

ahh, i get what your saying, it does feel like im jacked up real high, i suppose my riding style is more like martyn ashton (no way near as good) but he seems to be able to fly into things at speed, especially in the old days (1998 - 2000) i suppose im probably better off on a lower bb frame then?? ......maybe an ashton justice!! does anyone know the geomatry for these?

ahh, i get what your saying, it does feel like im jacked up real high, i suppose my riding style is more like martyn ashton (no way near as good) but he seems to be able to fly into things at speed, especially in the old days (1998 - 2000) i suppose im probably better off on a lower bb frame then?? ......maybe an ashton justice!! does anyone know the geomatry for these?

a lower bb frame will help with bunnyhops yet it is still possible on a high bb bike too,just its awkward.i've put the link for a justice frame on your stem topic,note they aren't in production at the moment,hopefully the 08's will be out soon (Y)

steve