Info On Comps

AshleyB

nearest to you will be tyketrial they run a number of events in the year best contact will be clean bikes or you can come on down to the ymsa events they run normaly in the matlock area but this year i think some or them may be run in differant areas,

also get the number for Mrs Slinger Bens mum she lives up near you and will help you out also as she is on the ACU? Biketrial team

Ashley B

Hi there,

We we were thinking of doing a comp but there's just so many routes to choose from! And there's no guide on which to choose.

Any help???

Depending on your age and ability,

Turn up to a comp and watch it and see what level you think you can cope with, every club will have a route to suit you, we have kids as young as 6 riding but we cater for world class riders and every one in between, so to sum it up.........

Turn up and have a do.

Good luck here are a couple of links for a bit of info......

http://www.biketrialuk.co.uk/

http://www.ukbiketrial.co.uk/

http://www.ymsa-biketrials.co.uk/

http://www.biketrialuk.co.uk/TykeTrial.htm

JP.

Very good thread indeed mate!

Im tempted to give comp riding a go this year. I met "the organiser" (his tf name) on a brm ride a few weeks back.

I ride mod and would be looking to ride in the easiest cattegory.

Please can you tell me the closest one to birmingham, how much it is to enter, when any events are happening.

I would be very greatful, thanks alot :D(Y)

yes no problem YMSA is based in the Matlock area and is best for you i think

its £11 to enter the event but you will need a YMSA lic thats £10 for the year

just to let you know the guy you meet in brum was my dad lol

Ash B

yes i am Danny B bro

Ive been riding for around a year and a half..i ride stock, never done competitions before...only ever ridden street, wheres the nearest comp for me (lostwithiel, cornwall) and what route should i take?

you need to speak with the guys that run the comps down in Devon the Tupmans is who you are looking for West of England trials club try the internet for them

Very good thread indeed mate!

Im tempted to give comp riding a go this year. I met "the organiser" (his tf name) on a brm ride a few weeks back.

I ride mod and would be looking to ride in the easiest cattegory.

Please can you tell me the closest one to birmingham, how much it is to enter, when any events are happening.

I would be very greatful, thanks alot :D(Y)

see above

yes no problem YMSA is based in the Matlock area and is best for you i think

its £11 to enter the event but you will need a YMSA lic thats £10 for the year

just to let you know the guy you meet in brum was my dad lol

Ash B

yes i am Danny B bro

Ahh awsome mate!

Thanks alot for your help, very much appreciated!

And just another quick question, the easiest route is white isnt it?

Thanks alot

Ahh awsome mate!

Thanks alot for your help, very much appreciated!

And just another quick question, the easiest route is white isnt it?

Thanks alot

[/quot

yes its white, if you have never rode in a comp befor then i say to all riders ride white the first time as its the rules and flags that take the marks then if you

liked it move up to the next route which is blue on your next ride and work from there i think no higher than blue in the first year its a good place to learn.

Ash

if you feel that you can take on the blue route then i think go for it, the YMSA comps are run so that if you are having a bad ride on your first time out just go back to the control and ask to be put back down to the lower route no problem and carry on to enjoy your day but i think you will find lots of riders there that are willing to help you out hope this helps.

Ash

bike riden: MOD

I need some gauge on which route to ride though, do you think I should just go and see a trial??

thanks

rob

i allways say if your there you may as well ride, just do a white route just to try then you can move on up if needed,

YMSA will start soon and its a good place for you to get to ie Matlock area on the A6

• 3 weeks later...