Probably A Really Stupid Question

Jolfa

I bought some old Raceface Turbine LP's a few weeks ago, then a Filthy ard guard a few weeks later, asuming the rockring would just fit, but the spider on the cranks is much too big/rockring too small

Do these cranks come in some sort a compact setup or what? How can the rockring be too small?!

Forgive my daftness :$

Ta!

These cranks appear to have a 110 mm B.C.D ( bolt circle diameter ) , a useful way of ensuring that customers purchase purchase the same brand's accesories . Race Face do make bashguards , but it'd be a shame to leave the 'ard guard unused . How about the chainring itself - does that fit O.K ?

Its 5 arm right? I guess its that the ard guard is made for compact drive cranks, which most (modern) 5 arms are, and i guess the raceface's you've got are a bit old school and are not compact drive. You could either get compact drive cranks or a big arse bashguard designed for non compact drive, but it will be along the lines of the size of a 4 arm 22t bashguard...so quite big.

Its 5 arm right? I guess its that the ard guard is made for compact drive cranks, which most (modern) 5 arms are, and i guess the raceface's you've got are a bit old school and are not compact drive. You could either get compact drive cranks or a big arse bashguard designed for non compact drive, but it will be along the lines of the size of a 4 arm 22t bashguard...so quite big.

Thats exactly right...the older cranks had a far larger BCD , so had to be run with a larger bashring (normally around a 32t bashring diameter

These cranks appear to have a 110 mm B.C.D ( bolt circle diameter ) , a useful way of ensuring that customers purchase purchase the same brand's accesories . Race Face do make bashguards , but it'd be a shame to leave the 'ard guard unused . How about the chainring itself - does that fit O.K ?

B..But, it's exactly the same cranks and bash Hawziee always used back in'th day

So the Turbine LP's are available in compact?

If 110bcd is jumbo, whats compact?