Anti-lomo/pro-lomo

Matthew62

It's snap shot photography, its not ment to have a meaning!.

I think its moto or something's, 'Dont think...Just shoot'

Yeah but everything has a meaning. To be a good photographer, to me, you need to be someone who can take a great photo and not to have had to think about it. Just seen something and made it happen. Meaning comes after, when you look at it, and you realise what it means to you, and everyone has their own take on what it means, photos tend not to have one universal meaning.

If a photo doesn't evoke something to me, it's not a good photo, no matter how bright or incorrect the colours are, or how much of the frame vignetted edges take up. People who just shoot lomo or polaroid tend to be people who rely on it to make something look good in my opinion, as opposed to relying on having a good subject.

Yeah but everything has a meaning. To be a good photographer, to me, you need to be someone who can take a great photo and not to have had to think about it. Just seen something and made it happen. Meaning comes after, when you look at it, and you realise what it means to you, and everyone has their own take on what it means, photos tend not to have one universal meaning.

If a photo doesn't evoke something to me, it's not a good photo, no matter how bright or incorrect the colours are, or how much of the frame vignetted edges take up. People who just shoot lomo or polaroid tend to be people who rely on it to make something look good in my opinion, as opposed to relying on having a good subject.

I agree as to what a good photographer is.

A typical lomography camera is made of plastic, and is cheap so it has no seals, a plastic lens, fixed focus. Generally badly put together. Then they charge a million zillion pounds for it.

Yeah they are exactly what you just said but, a lomography camera to me, besids all the arguments, It's just another way of taking an interesting photo.

My fisheye 2 camera came today. Weather theres a right or wrong way how to take a photo, or a good or bad camera to use. I don't care! :)