4 Bolt Booster On V-brake Set Up

Bobby Fox

Hey guys, just ordered and Avid ultimate, plaz pads and heatsink v2 adaptors...why? my magura has leaked again and im pissed off with it. I ran a booster with my HS33 on my ozonys, and want to with my new v-brake set up, however im skint enough as it is and dont want to fork out for a Vee specific booster. I have a sweet whitehurst carbon 4 bolt booster at my disposal its only 3mm thick and was wondering if it would be possible to mount the heatsink adaptors over the top of this meening the booster sits nicely out the way flush with the 4 bolt frame mounts clamped down by the adaptors. Ive checked for tyre clearance and thats fine, surely the only possible problem would be the adaptors being raised up an extra 3mm? Also what does the underside of a heatsink adaptor look like is it a flat surface (meening it would sit nice and flat against the booster) or is it machined with little feet so it sits snug over the frames 4 bolt mounts (meening it wouldnt)? cheers

Yea thats no worries though, its only a 3mm think carbon one, some standard non-booster bolts should do the job. Would there be enough adjustment avalible in both the adaptors and brake to correct that 3mm differance so the pads will still sit nice and central on the rim? cheers keep the help coming

I would of said so, but it all depends on what set up you run.

One problem i've just thought of might make the whole 'sitting nice and flat' thing go terribly wrong, on the bottom of the v-daptors there are three hole so that you can move the canti mount either

1.closer to the rim

2.standard

3.further away from the rim

if you have to use 1 or 3 i dought it'll make much difference but theres a chance it could.

pretty much zero point of what you are going for ....

you could easily do it but all the flex in that set up is going to come on top and twist the stays / bend at the adapter/frame join and post / bolts ...

post-3202-1201953089_thumb.jpg

in fact - adding the booster underneath could make it worse on the twist front ? as the leverage will increase with the extra height .....

just put the booster on top ? enlarge the bottom holes slighty ....

having said that - i dont run a booster on my ultimate vee and its awesome ...