Tykes

robster

I should be there, my cars going into the garage today and i've only just posted my entry :$

Should be an ace comp it's been a long time since i've done a tyketrial, looking forwards to it, although i'm really out of practice :( be good to see how good everyone has got over winter

I'm temped to come along if I can.

I've never riden a comp before and I'm not really bothered about being ranked or anything.

I don't really know much about the rules - my bike is single speed stock, I'm 24 years old and not a particularly good rider. Do I just send the membership form in and ride 'out of class' in the easy route (blue or green?)?

Also are there some directions to get to Shipley Glen anywhere?

Any other riders going from Leicestershire?

Cheers,

John.

I'm temped to come along if I can.

I've never riden a comp before and I'm not really bothered about being ranked or anything.

I don't really know much about the rules - my bike is single speed stock, I'm 24 years old and not a particularly good rider. Do I just send the membership form in and ride 'out of class' in the easy route (blue or green?)?

Also are there some directions to get to Shipley Glen anywhere?

Any other riders going from Leicestershire?

Cheers,

John.

hey im in loughborough and im going up (Y) just have a look at the routes on the day and see which you fancy

Me and a friend seriously considering starting the comp / natural scene after coming out of trials retirement from a street base ;p

what will we need? an entry form? What about a Bike licence.. BAU?

all help appriciated, also can we sign up on day, or do we need 2 post it

Seems to be a lot of questions here, so let's try to make it easy ...

Club membership

You can either join the club for the full 2008 year for £10.00 (covers costs of all entry forms, results and newsletters). Club membership form can be downloaded and printed from here.

Or, you can request "Day membership" for £3.00. You are allowed 2 'Day memberships' if you are new to the club, just to try it out before you pay the full fee. If you have had two day memberships and decide to join up for the rest of the year, the difference to pay would be just £4.00. If you are a Day member, you cannot earn championship points.

Competition entry

Entry form for the first round can be downloaded and printed from here. Send this with your cheque to the address on there.

Or, you can enter on-line from here. Please pay by clicking on the "PayPal Buy Now" button on here.

Whilst it is tempting to "just do it on the day", all that does is delay the start time and cause harassment to the organisers. We've tried to make it as easy as possible to enter and to pay in advance ... PLEASE HELP US BY ENTERING BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE!!!

Fees / Payment

Full club membership = £10 per year to 31st December.

Day membership = £3 per event (2 only allowed).

Event Entry fee = £10 if sent by cheque/cash before the closing date.

Event Entry fee = £11 if sent by PayPal before the closing date (difference to cover PayPal fees).

Event Entry fee = £15 if late entry/entry of the day.

Event Entry fee = £16 if late entry by PayPal.

In other words, the sooner you send your entry form and pay, the cheaper it is for you, and the easier it is for our organisers!

NOTE: To pay by clicking on the PayPal link - you do NOT need to have a PayPal account, you can pay through them using any debit or credit card.

Which class to enter?

You can enter any class you want. White is the easiest, then Green, then Blue, then Red. (Yellow is reserved for very experienced riders.)

Ignore the age groups listed on the entry form against the classes, they are a guideline and are used for Club Championship points.

If you decide after starting that you have chosen the wrong route colour (ie too hard or too easy) go back to control and ask to change class. You can do this up to having already ridden 3 sections.

You do not need any licences to ride in TykeTrial events.

Any more questions ... give us a call on 07850 505298.

Sounds like a few people will be there. (Y):)

John as i said to you tonight, we will sort your stoppers by sunday, if not il let you borrow mine ;):D

Hopefully see you all there on sunday, weathers been great up here last few days, hopefully a bit more of the same will attract plenty of people to watch too (Y)

Wayne.