Finding Specific Spoke Lengths.........

Matthew62

I'm looking for some spokes in 239 and 240 for a 24'' build and i can't seem to find those lengths. I've tried ''all things 24'' and Billys.co.uk but i can;t seem to get hold of these sizes. What have other people done who run SUn Rhyno Lite's on Pro 2's?

Any info would be great!

Cheers.

Most places will only stock even (some only odd) lengths, so you may just need a full set of 240mm spokes

DT Swiss Champion - CRC, plain guage, not too bad, and in the length you need

Aha - Just looked on the DT Swiss spoke calculator for you - assuming the wheels are 32h and built 3x, you need 240 for the whole rear wheel, and half 240, half 238 for up front (assuming the shop you buy from only does evens...)

spokesvt7.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but does that mean you have to have different spoke lengths on the front wheel to accomodate the flange on the disc side? So for instance...16 spokes in one lenght and 16 in the other?

Because when i asked tarty about the spoke lengths i would need for this build i was told ''239 disc front, 241 non disc, 240 rear'', does that mean 16 of 239mm for the front wheel and 16 of 241mm? I feel bad for asking them anymore questions as i've already burdened them with countless spoke related questions.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Matt.

Usually the spokes from the disk side are slightly shorter as the hub flange has been moved in to make room for the disk (If both are the same diameter). For a 32 hole rim you'll need 16 of each spoke length - just remember to keep them segregated while you're lacing the wheel up...