Just Starting Out

Tom-bucky

Hey people,

Ive just started out in the trials world =) and have just got myself a monty urban, not standard by any means. But anyhow.... what do you guys / girls think of these bikes? Has anyone got any tips for me or no anywhere i could go that would be good for me to practise and maybe meet some people so i can watch them and learn kinda thing. I live in devon, near exeter.

Also anybody else wear any knee armour / brace? i broke/dislocated my knee a couple years ago and its a bit dodgy so want to get some kind of protection for it. Any ideas?

Cheers people

Tom =)

Not really a fan of the Monty's in general as it's not my style, but I'd see it as an ideal bike to get started on.

For basics, I know this will sound bloody boring, but you only need a curb at most, for instance you can practice everything from your 1 2 hops to pedal kicks. I'd follow a video of some sort, I recently got Ryan Leech's The Art of Trials: Brilliant DVD if you need a hand.

Protection wise, I'd only use Helmet and Gloves at this stage, it's not really necessary to wear anything else. I have worn knee and shin guards before, but that was for dirt jumping.

Yeah, i like monty's alot.

I wear knee and shin gaurds,

They are sixsixone shin gaurds.

Don't go straight into the complecated stuff, start off with these:-

1. Trackstand (do this all the time!)
  2. Bunnyhop
  3. Wheelie
  4. Endo
  5. Pivot
  6. Backhop

Also check out this website, has alot of good videos and explains techniques: Good website for techniques

Have a good time (Y)

Joe :D

Nice to see you on here, dont worry about what you are donig or not doing, try and find some more trials riders that live near to you and get out there just riding with others, this is the best way working with and off other riders, also if you can try and go to watch comps or better still take part, low routes at frist and work up, its all about just riding and havin fun.

Any way nice of you to join us.

AshB

Edited by AshleyB

Cheers for the advice guys =)

Ye im out every night now just riding and having fun. I tend to get a bit over confident though, and try things i no im not gunu be able to do =P but hey!! He who dares wins!! ( so im told anyways.... dont seem to be working though! lol!! )

Nice to be here to, look forward to talking to you guys / girls! maybe by summer ill be alright and might be able to meet up with some of you lot for a ride!! =D

Cheers

Tom