Strength Or Limberness...

Ubuntu_user

I would say flexibility.

It's fairly simple mechanics - if you are more flexible, you can exert more power as the force you put in is over a longer distance (work done (power) = force x distance). I guess the equation puts the same emphasis on both strength (force) and flexibility (distance), but it's much faster, initially, to build flexibility.

Just a few simple stretches a day makes a massive difference to your riding, whatever level you are at (if you aren't already a stretchy beast anyway!).

...Then spake Adam unto the multitude , saying :

Behold : It is fairly simple mechanics - if thou art more flexible, ye can exert more power as the force thou puttest in is over a longer distance (work done (power) = force x distance). I guess the equation puts the same emphasis on both strength (force) and flexibility (distance), but it's much faster, initially, to build flexibility. Amen .

And they among the New Members did fall silent in awe of this revelation . :smartass:

I've rarely seen a question so decisively answered , Adam . I guess one of the only variables could be technique - whereby a rider with poor technique is unable to effectively apply his / her flexibility , so must compensate by , as you English say " Givin' it some beans . "