New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

Hi, im James, im from Newbury, i use to ride trials back in my Teens, and recently iv just brought another trials bike, as alot of my friends have got back into the sport, and the fact i missed it.

i have a early Ashton Justice, with hope and chris king components.

I just attended a big ride meet in bristol this saturday just gone, and the level of ability has been raised by soooo much!!! Hopefuly ill see you guys out again on another meet soon.

james

Hi Steve here, people call me Limpstevo. I've just started out in trials, loving every bit of it. I ride a ECHO URBAN which i got second hand. It's nice to ride but wish I got 20'' setup now after having a go on some kids in Cleethorpes, where I live.

I'm really trying to master the pedal up. (man its hard). Got to get it done though. Any advice would be really cool.

Thanx

Limpstevo

Hi all,

My name is Graham, I live in Oxford and as of today I am the proud owner of a trials bike, an Onza T-rex with hydraulic brakes, bought used on Ebay for what I think was a reasonable price.

As a kid I always wanted a BMX but got a BMX annual for Christmas instead, boo. That was back in the days of steam radio and "pedals up". Since then I have kept an interest in cycling, I have a Rockhopper PRO MTB and a Ridgeback Genesis street bike. But the idea of doing "tricks" on bikes stayed with me and recently after watching a rather famous Scottish trials video on YouTube I started to wonder if it was practical for me to have a go, you see I am 31, 6'3" and not exactly stream lined (i.e. a bit of a FB.) Then I found a video of a 47 year old guy learning trials and I think there is no excuse any more.

My aim is to become the worst trials rider on the block, but at least I will be a trials rider not just a cyclist. If I see you riding trials around Oxford before you see me I will probably run away (or pedal if I am up to that stage by then) out of embarrassment so don't be offended :)

Step one, learn to not move anywhere, exciting :)

Ciao,

Graham

There is no need to be embarrassed! We're all out to help you on here. If you ride with people, the more you learn, try it, I'm out in Oxford a lot of the time these days, so give me a shout if you see me!

Hey I'm Harry and I'm new to this forum I ride an Onza T-Bird 2005. (although im hoping to get an Onza Ice when i save up ;))

I've being riding trials for about 4 Years. I didn't really go on it much though but recently I've being going on it a lot.

I ride around the Wakefield area.

Hi All,

My name is Bill and i live in good old Ashford in Kent. I used to ride trials a few years ago and gave up and sold the bike but recently ive got back into it after 2 years and saving for a new one.

if anyone is from the Ashford area then give me a pm and we can sort out a ride once i get the new bike.

Bill

Hey, I'm Tom, used to ride trials a looong time ago on a T-raptor haha, was never anything special, looking to get back into it again, I used to ride around Eastbourne area, and hopefully will start picking it up again :) Peace. tkD.

Hey my name is Joe I'm from Bedford. I'm only sort of a new member I used to be a member of these boards about 7 years ago I think. Ive been riding for something like 12 years or something on and off, so I'm a bit of an old timer really. I have two trials bikes a leeson 660 and 609. The 660 is 7 years old and is my baby.

Joey

hi guys new to forum and trials virgin lol, been riding bmx and downhill for too many years, see a trials demo and had a little go and am now hooked, you guys make it look easier then i found it lol. bikeless at the mo but will be scouting for a bike on here as we speek. anyone in surrey wana hook up and show me the ropes holla, mucho grassy ass :-)

I have just registered with the forum as I have been lurking for long enough now.

I don't ride as I will soon be getting a bus pass but my son does.

We have been to 3 Biketrial comps this year with me as driver / support / banker / cameraman / sherpa and we will be going to Shipley as well.

Have booked a chain hotel in Shipley for Saturday and Sunday so if anyone is going out on the Saturday afternoon give me a shout and I will tell the boy. Thought about camping but after freezing in Fort Bill and being eaten alive in Brimham I need a break. When did Midges reach Yorkshire anyway? I thought we had them to ourselves in Scotland.

Anyway, I have footage of all three comps and some good stuff from Brimham so if I can figure out where to post it after editing, I will put them up.

Cheers

I'm Ryan Dunn, live in st andrews, fife (near dundee). I dont actually have a trials bike yet, but i ride a lot of street / downhill / free ride and currently have a GT Chucker (modded). left a topic on here for advice on what to get for a first trials bike as its an area of riding ive wanted to try for some time. Im 21 years old, been riding for 2 or so years, and im an underwater wood welder.

Hey i'm Danny from Blackpool. Been riding street for about 3 years but broke my leg last year (spiral fracture of the lower third) and just got back on the bike after over 200 days! My feet are my chariot and my car the horse, with wherever i stop being my riding spot but i tend to hit Blackpool prom, St Annes, Preston, Central Blackpool among others. I'm an avid Leeds Utd fan (UP THE WHITES!). Other than that, i play football, like rock climbing, swimming, playing team fortress 2, watching football, riding and generally having a larf!!!

I also absolutly LOVE megadeth!!

Edited by vongar_kuu

My name is Ben, and I'm not anywhere near the UK or US. I live in Singapore, Pasir ris area.

I currently don't ride anything but I have a Monty218(V-brake version) coming.

I play InlineHockey.

Everything in my country is over priced, and I have just found a shop - AttitudeBikes - that sells excellent trial bikes at exceptional prices. Living in a country where almost everything comes from China sucks, as there are LOTS of fake goods and shitty quality products. (It makes my life a living hell to find pro parts)

I also want to know why everyone that rides a Monty always ride the top end models?

is the 218 not good?

1 GBP = 2.26473 SGD

Hello, my name is Jack :D I am 15 Years old, and have been riding for about a year now. Unfortunately not as much as i should do though... But as of now (while building my new custom Zoo Python :D) I am going to make more time to ride, and having a brand new set of brakes (Mag HS33 on back, Hope mini mono Trial on front!) i will try more daring, and hard stuff :D Looking for a Photographer now :P

Hi im jake, i ride a onza t-bird and have been riding nearly 4 months now, i also ride my saracen x-ile jump bike

i usuaully ride felixestowe with gary.s on here but i also sometimes ride ipswich, other hobbeis are drums and offroading in my jeep :turned:

Hi, My names Jack Brooker (aged 15) How is your T-Bird? Are they any good? And also, What jeep do you have?

Hello to all fellow riders, my name is Daniel but every one calls me Dan. I am 16 years of age and live in Cumbria, I often ride at places such as Carlisle, Newcastle, Penrith and Kendal. The trials bikes that i ride are the Onza Ice and Zoo Python (2004). The one i ride the most is the Onza, simply because it feels gorgeous on the back wheel, when i ride the Onza i feel like i have alot more control through a transaction. My favorite move has to be the good old side hop, it looks impossible when you have done it. Film yourself doing a side hop and slow it down by about half and when watch it, I asure you it will look amazing.