Laptop Problem

Sneakers O'Toole

Ok, bit of a problem with my laptop. It crashed earlier and now whenever i turn it one it says Windows has failed to load. I then get the option of launching windows normally or launching startup repair. I've tried both but nothing happens.

It does say something about an installation disc i can use but i dont have one, the one i have downloaded doesn't seem to do anything...

Any ideas?

It does say something about an installation disc i can use but i dont have one, the one i have downloaded doesn't seem to do anything...

that reminds me of one of our computers. It went wrong, and we rang up and they said, "use the installation discs." We said, "there wasn't any." They said. "You should've made some using the CD Rewriter." We said, "It didn't have a b*****d CD/RW." They said, "Oh."

:lol:

ideally, you need to get hold of one.

I'd suggest wiping the HD, and buying OEM windows and installing it, but i'm sure there's a better way to do it.

When a HD i had f**ked up, a mate took it and hooked it up to his, formatted it and reinstalled windows like that.

I ended up taking round a mates and wacking a new hard drive in. Works a charm now, dunno what else he did to it but it actually works better than before. Had a slight problem of getting my songs off my ipod onto itunes but i've got that sorted now. Just need to try find some of the rarer stuff that i didn't have backups of on the ipod.