I got this, Neeeeeed it fixed :(

----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound

----- R_Init -----

Getting Direct3D 9 interface...

Pixel shader version is 2.0

Vertex shader version is 0.0

Video card or driver doesn't support fullscreen gamma.

Video card or driver doesn't accelerate transform and lighting.

Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data.

Error during initialization:

Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data

I got this, Neeeeeed it fixed :(

----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound

----- R_Init -----

Getting Direct3D 9 interface...

Pixel shader version is 2.0

Vertex shader version is 0.0

Video card or driver doesn't support fullscreen gamma.

Video card or driver doesn't accelerate transform and lighting.

Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data.

Error during initialization:

Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data

What graphis card is it?

Time of this report: 3/23/2008, 19:47:03

Machine name: AIDANS-ROOM

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell DM061

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.1.2

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 1014MB RAM

Page File: 1378MB used, 899MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Huh this?

Edited by sidehop

Card name: Intel® G965 Express Chipset Family

Hello?

I'm thinking you have an 'on board' graphics card. Which usually become outdated fast, and probably isn't powerful enough to play your game. So basically, your computer can't play the game because the graphics card isn't good enough.

Can you get into the game settings and put all the settings at the lowest setting performance wise? Or can you not install the game at all?

Edited by Barber

I have instaled it but when i try to run it i get that

Is there like a patch or mod for this sort of thing?

Your graphics card isn't adequate for playing it. Even if you get it to run, it'll be mega slow on minimum settings. Your chipset is an internal solution designed for use with the intel dual core chipsets, its designed for basic computer functionality and frankly i'd be suprised if it can even run older computer games, let alone cutting edge ones.

No patch or mod will fix it. Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game, which you should have checked before you bought it. Its a hardware problem, not a software one. A new graphics card IS required.

Right Kris,

I really need the cheapest option here then...

A internet link would be cool...

Right, it says anything over a 6600 or x1300 to run it on minimum settings.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....=56&subcat=

One of those would do the job for you, and in graphics card prices its not toooooo expensive. Just over the price of a new game.

So i need to buy what i am looking at cards on pc world?

Sorry man, i really dont know much about comps.

Card?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....=56&subcat=

This one is slightly better than the other one i posted, newer tech in the card and preforms better than the other, but still relatively cheap.

So i need to buy what i am looking at cards on pc world?

Sorry man, i really dont know much about comps.

Card?

Nope, won't run it.

Could you find one on pc world please.

So i can go and get it tomorrow.

Nope, your wasting money if your buying a graphics card from pc world. The two i showed you aren't beaten performance wise unless your willing to spend over £60 at pc world, even then the pc world card only beats the cheaper x1650 and still doesn't beat the 8600gt.

Helpful chart to give you a fairly imformed decision, Just choose the two cards you want to compare and it'll highlight them on the list....

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_200...5&chart=285

yeah you can.

do you know where everest computers is in aberdeen? I think its on holburn street just down from alpine bikes.

they know their shit and should be able to help you out, their prices are competitive but still i'd expect to pay a fiver more than on overclockers. well worth going to see them for a chat they should be able to tell you whats the best one for your money/machine just make sure you get someone who knows what they're on about and not some weekend boy who thinks they know what they're on about. (Y)

Edited by G4vyn

But then i cant go and get one tomoz and play :(

Its worth the wait, to get a much better card for less money. You can always go into pc world and look at the cards, but you'll want a decent version if its an nividia one you'll be wanting the *600 series of cards or higher, so 6600, 6800, 7600, 7800, 8600 etc.... not 7100, 7300 or anything like that as they're utterly useless.

If its ati then go for one of the x**** series cards so long as the number is higher than x1650, so an x1800, x1950 etc would be fine. Cards like x1300 again aren't going to bemuch use for anything other than web based java games.

I wouldn't limit yourself to an x800 card, it only has shader model 2.0, so although other cards might play future games slightly slower, the x800 won't play them at all as its outdated to hell.

I would go to everest and just ask them first. They might give you the great advice and help they gave me or they might come away with something over price, so just take eveything they say with a pinch of salt.

kris has given you a good idea of what you need so just write down some of those cards andprices and go and see.

Jeeze this is going to take me forever to play :(

Ill take the box and ask for what i need to play for cheap prices.

Also Kris can you give me like a list of cards so i look like i know half what i am talking abou tomorrow.

Edited by sidehop

Jeeze this is going to take me forever to play :(

Ill take the box and ask for what i need to play for cheap prices.

Also Kris can you give me like a list of cards so i look like i know half what i am talking abou tomorrow.

ATI cards:

x1650... £40-45

x1800 £45-50

x1950pro £50-60

HD3650 £50-60

Nvidia:

6600 £35-40

6800gs £40

7600 gs £45'ish

6800 Ultra £45-50

7600gt £50'ish

8600gt £45-55

7800gs £55-60

7800gt £60-70

They're based roughly in perfocmance order in their own brands, and the prices are roughly what you'd be expecting to pay for them brand new in a shop (second hand should be £10-15 cheaper). You'll also find they're made by different manufacturers who offer slightly different things. Essentially though, they're all the same so a 7600gt from someone like XFX will be almost exactly the same as a 7600gt from BFG. Don't go for packages where theres a free game, you usually get a slower card, a decent card won't need to bribe you.

Always try and go for as much ram as you can, 256mb should be absolutely fine, but 512mb is a bonus if you can find it.

Buy my xfx 6800 XT off me :D its the 512mb version, cost me like £120 2 years or so ago. 2nd from bottom one

Its just sat in it's box doing nothing. Should play the game well.

Dont need it anymore as I bought a Gainward 1gb 8800gt card. Seriously though, to play the games these days you NEED a good system.

Edited by Si-man