Hornby Dublo (model Trains)

fathopper

Found my dads old train set, loads of hornby dublo stuff, and I'm unsure on how to get it working? Anyone have any exepriecence with model trains? I know a random question but im sure one of you knowledgeable folk will know something? Ive got the transformer, controller and track and a few trains and track ive made up just would like to know how the powering of it works?

normally there's some wires that come from the transformer and they attach to the track somehow. I've see one where you had to slide two thin plates into some of the sleepers, and that powered the track

post pictures!

particularly of the important bits.

edit: wires from transformer go to controller then to the track (Y)

Edited by Disasterboy

Ive had to put a new plug on the end of the transfomer as it was missing when i dug it out. Not sure what size fuse its mean to have. Aparently its meant to be 12 dc, I connect it up transfomer to controller but there seems to be no volts coming out the transformer to the controlloer to the track,

Ive had to put a new plug on the end of the transfomer as it was missing when i dug it out. Not sure what size fuse its mean to have. Aparently its meant to be 12 dc, I connect it up transfomer to controller but there seems to be no volts coming out the transformer to the controlloer to the track,

i'd imagine the transformer's bust them. 'S a shame. I might know a tiny bit about trains, but I don't know much about electrics at all :(

Right Ive resorted to using a 12volt car battery as I know they kick out the same power as the transfomer would, but, the controller is still :S It goes in you follow it round it appears to be going into the controller speed arm and then by the time it get out to connect to the track its at like 0.2 volts kicking out virtually nothing :S Any ideas?

Right Ive resorted to using a 12volt car battery as I know they kick out the same power as the transfomer would, but, the controller is still :S It goes in you follow it round it appears to be going into the controller speed arm and then by the time it get out to connect to the track its at like 0.2 volts kicking out virtually nothing :S Any ideas?

There'll be a loose connection somewhere. (haha, no shit :P) just check the voltage around various components working your way from the track to the battery. Should be able to find the volt sapping bit in no time. (In theory)