Lever Blade, Hs33

sstein

Hi, does anybody know where I can get a new lever blade for my magura HS33 with pre-05 master cylinder, the TPA adjuster on mine does not work and the lever does not push the main piston until it has moved about 1cm. Also has anyone else had a problem with slow returning pistons. I know it does not need rebleeding as I just bled it, I will re-hose it if any one thinks that it migh help. All advice is welcome.

I believe theres a wiki for fixing a broken tpa ;)

Sticky pistons are either dirt in the seals or lack of lubrication.

Have you got an oil or water bleed? If its water then its likely you just need to lubricat the outsides of the pistons. Take the pads off and carefully pull the pistons out with some pliers, put a couple of drops of oil on the outside of the piston and this should free them up.

If you have an oil bleed then the slaves are probably dirty, search the wiki for how to clean them out.

With a water bleed you need to lubricate the pistons occasionally to extend the life of the seals and to stop the pistons sticking.

Hi, does anybody know where I can get a new lever blade for my magura HS33 with pre-05 master cylinder, the TPA adjuster on mine does not work and the lever does not push the main piston until it has moved about 1cm. Also has anyone else had a problem with slow returning pistons. I know it does not need rebleeding as I just bled it, I will re-hose it if any one thinks that it migh help. All advice is welcome.

I have a problem with my brake lever balde to. I snaped the pin that gets ajusted when you turn the TPA if you go to tarty bikes the lever costs £14.99 so yeh.

x0x0-neos

I tried that except the nut that the TPA bolt screws into that is housed inside the lever is ruined and I can not find a new one. I tried to bodge it with a normal nut and bolt but I can't get the nut to stay in place.