Echo Brake

gu trials

I hate deng brakes. I've had like 4 of them, and they're all shit. My friend just ordered one here, and broke his line taking it out of the box. The lines break VERY easily, TPA F's the lever up, they leak, can't be bled with water, are a bitch to fix...and magura has 5 times longer warranty on their brakes...oh and the pistons don't seem to move out from the cylinders as much as a magura does. The brake also feels sluggish, slow rebound, and they're spongy too...

Just get a magura with HEN TPA and a deng lever, then you're set (Y)

I hate deng brakes. I've had like 4 of them, and they're all shit. My friend just ordered one here, and broke his line taking it out of the box. The lines break VERY easily, TPA F's the lever up, they leak, can't be bled with water, are a bitch to fix...and magura has 5 times longer warranty on their brakes...oh and the pistons don't seem to move out from the cylinders as much as a magura does. The brake also feels sluggish, slow rebound, and they're spongy too...

cant be bled with water? i did mine with water and it was good still hate them

• 2 weeks later...
The lines break VERY easily

oh and the pistons don't seem to move out from the cylinders as much as a magura does. The brake also feels sluggish, slow rebound, and they're spongy too...

For me I started trials recently, and I started off with a dengura for the rear (I got them really cheap). I haven't really tried a maggie yet, but I know that a maggy is way better (German > Chinese).

Have to agree on the lines and pistons. My line broke. As for the pistons, they don't really come out much means that you can't really make full use of your pads. Probably when there's about 30-40% of pad left, you can't use them, you have to use those offset clamps (I haven't faced this problem yet, but that's what my friend said).

Anyway, I would be getting myself a maggy at the next upgrade, and use back the deng lever.

Anyway, I would be getting myself a maggy at the next upgrade, and use back the deng lever.

That's what I did...works great :)

cant be bled with water? i did mine with water and it was good

Then you're one of the few that it actually worked for. A lot more people have had leak problems when bled with water than not...

But canola oil works great. Bled two with canola oil, rebound is a tad slower, hardly noticable...but denguras have shit rebound anyway.

Edited by Jason222

If you're looking for suitable oil for bleeding Maguras (And any other brake with mineral oil), head to your local motor factors and get some Citroen suspension fluid (LHM). It's a slightly different colour to Maguras blood, but feels, behaves and smells pretty similar, so I reckon it's the same stuff. I've been using it in my Maguras for years (And in various mineral oil disk brakes) with no issues... I think I got half a litre of oil for about a fiver and I've still got 2/3 of it left many years and many bleeds (Mostly on other people's brakes) later. Thankfully since mineral oil isn't hygroscopic it doesn't deteriorate with time like DOT fluid, so there's no problem storing it for long periods...

already had a few normal red TPA balls and 2 74kingz and i have a hen one at the moment and it still broke :S.

Have you greesed up the threads before installing the new one?

As this could lead to easily stipping the threads! >_<

already had a few normal red TPA balls and 2 74kingz and i have a hen one at the moment and it still broke :S .

right, take your lever apart... do it now, take the tpa off, you should do that now too, and look at the threads on the bolt that the tpa screws on to. thats you're problem, i imagine that is stripped

right, take your lever apart... do it now, take the tpa off, you should do that now too, and look at the threads on the bolt that the tpa screws on to. thats you're problem, i imagine that is stripped

I think ive broken 2 05 tpas and 1 04, how the hell did u manage to strip 2 74 kings and a hen aswell? lmao, jesus, there must be something wrong with ur pin like ash said, if not then your using way too much tpa/your bleeds are wank.

Matx