Biketrials Survey

Zordon

I'll put all raw data into an excel file, make some summary and post it here when it's done (Y)

When I started my studies, my faculty was called management and marketing. After some time it changed to management but actually the courses taught here didn't change at all. My specialty is international business and we study a lot of management and marketing subjects in international aspects. Good thing is that all courses are in English and we study in international environment (with students from all over Europe coming to Poland for a semester or two). We can write master's thesis on a very broad range of topics (e.g. logistics, econometrics, marketing, management, entrepreneurship etc.). I wanted to write about something I love, which is biketrials of course. To fit into "international" some more I decided to conduct a survey in two countries. The thesis is in English so one day, when I defend it successfully (in a year or so), I can post the whole text here :)

Once again thanks for your time, the number of completed questionnaires is already impressive. Keep them coming :)

Oh thats cool, so its unlike a dissertation where you have to facous your argument very specifically? Seems fun! I hope it all goes well, i'm currently finishing off my dissertation and getting very tired of it. I hope you retain your passion for yours more substancially than i did.

We have few possibilities of writing a master's thesis at my uni. We can write a totally theoretical one (this may be a dissertation with specific goals etc.), or based on company internship, based on a public opinion survey, or to write a project of something (like business plan). All depends on the supervisor we choose. My first supervisor was from the logistics department, which demanded to write a thesis based on a internship. I had no idea what I could write about, then the idea of a master's thesis on biketrials came to me. I changed the supervisor and started to write something much more interesting than boring academic stuff. I had to prepare a set of hypotheses and this survey will prove them right or wrong. That's my main task.

Good luck to you with your dissertation, too. Hope it will be successful :)

Survey done. I'm in Ireland rather than the UK, but since I'm buying from all the same shops my survey info should be relevant. Thesis writing sucks big time, but it's usually worth it at the end. Get as much proof reading as possible too. I have some shameful stuff in my thesis :(.

i did your questionnaire, simply because your name is zordon and thats f**kin epic

Power Rangers and marmalade ;) Actually, I have not seen an episode of this.

Ok, the survey is finished. I did not expect such a huge response within 72 hours. I received almost 100 results from the UK survey and over 120 from the Polish one. Big thanks to everyone who participated!

Now I am going to make some sort of summary. I will post it here soon. Thanks once again!

The survey summary is completed. It contains all raw submissions and simple tables with questions, options, number of votes, and percents.

Sometimes percents for a given question do not add up to 100%. They maybe less than 100% when some respondents skipped this question, then it can exceed 100% in case of multiple choice (checkboxes) question.

I had to disqualify some responses (they are shown in the results file), e.g. when somebody just clicked "submit" without answering any question or when somebody declared to live outside the UK and still continued to complete the whole questionnaire.

Surprisingly, some people were unsure about their sex and left the question empty, maybe I should have added more options for this question ;)

Let me know if the file doesn't work.

The link: http://www.biketrials.byethost9.com/results/uk.xls

I hope the results will lead to further improvement of British trials shops so you can enjoy riding biketrials even more :)

Edited by Zordon