Modern Apprenticeship's?

Gee*

Basically im wanting to do a modern apprenticeship, and im aware that there's quite a few people doing them on the forum and basically i'd like to know how you got apprenticeship, because the majority of people i know have all had help from their parent's knowing somebody or pullin some string's and im finding it really hard without any help doing it on my own, i've written to multiple building contractor's from which i havent had any replies, My CITB assesment is in a few days, the college side of things is fine just the actual apprenticeship, how many company's did you write too? how many got back to you? how long did it take to receive reply's etc.

all help will be greatly appreciated

I wote to a few companys plumbers joiners etc but no joy, decided to go to collage to do level 2 mechanics now. I know a lad who wrote to 60 compnays and only got 1 reply which was a yes. There really hard to find. My carrers advisor told me that lots of places get so many the just chuck them in the bin and dont even reply. Also she said that sometimes it works better if you ring up or just go into there workshop etc and ask them that way, but that all depends on the employer really

good luck!

Apply to college and all the other training providers in your area and then they will give your details out to companies and if one likes you they will contact you. Other than doing that only other way is to keep writeing to them also ringing could be a better idea, just ring and ask if they are taking on apprentices and how to apply if so, as some companies proberly cant be bothered to contact you back. Sometimes contractors might put ads in papers so have alook in there. See if conextions can help also.

Edited by basher

you're not really bulling about it then are you?

I'm starting mine in august, it's at college and it's electrical engineering operations, 3 years and the option of having another 2 to carry on and complete a degree. I just applied everywhere I could a lot of apprenticeships with small companies are taken by people the company already know, employee's sons. etc.

Don't apply to companies, its useless. Your best bet is connextions, and asking for agencys that deal with apprenticeships.

Metskill is my training provider, but i don't know if they do help in your area. You'll have 2 phone them and ask, as i know they have contacts in Wales and other places. maybe worth a try. As they deal in many apprenticeships.

also speak to college's. 95% of colleges do Work Bases Learning apprenticeships, that college actually provide.

Hope I have helps, screw companies, try these. How i got mine :] and i had at least 50 offers.

you're not really bulling about it then are you?

I'm starting mine in august, it's at college and it's electrical engineering operations, 3 years and the option of having another 2 to carry on and complete a degree. I just applied everywhere I could a lot of apprenticeships with small companies are taken by people the company already know, employee's sons. etc.

Sorry. Maybe I worded it wrong.

Talk as much bull as you want, as long as you belive it isn't beyond your abilities to do it and you can talk through it.

For instance "I have stripped down my own gearbox and rebuilt it" You've never done this before but you know how it works, and roughly know the sequence. So you could put that in a CV.