Buthiers

Mowgli

Hey,

Myself and a couple of friends are planning on going to Buthiers for a week at the end of june. We have a full car but just wondering if there were any others that were up for getting a car together and riding there??

Regards

I'll be passing by for a day or two around mid-august, which might tie in with my birthday actually. not going to stick around for too long but i'll be riding Paris first for a few days so its the next stop down so have to give it a bash as i've never been there before.

Hopefully i'll bump in to some english trials riders whilst im there!

• 1 month later...

I went for Koxx days and loved it so much that i said i'd go in the summer. Been talking to 2 friends you are hopefully up for it, but we haven't booked anything yet, just been planning.

Are you thinking of camping up there? Would be good to contact Buthiers to see if they could open the facilities as long as we pay. I was thinking of going around the last week of June/early July, but it depends on other things atm so can't really book anything, but i'll have to let you know if anything changes :)

How do we go about using the facillities there? The ones up the top? I was just gonna set up a tent there and thats it. Do you actually have to book anything?

Really trying to get some jersey lads to go, having trouble getting a car/van big enough though, and someone to actually drive it lol.

Doubt we would be going before the end of june.

i was told the koxx days place is open all the time for normal camping, am i mistaken??

Tom, you may need to bring your spare wheel with you, i have ruined my hub and i am sure i will probably ruin it again after hope have sent it back.

Invite me next time douch!

you can still come my lovely quiggle monster but u would probably need to drive?? are you game as i think i know someone that could go with you if you wished for the road trip???

Edited by Mowgli

i was told the koxx days place is open all the time for normal camping, am i mistaken??

Tom, you may need to bring your spare wheel with you, i have ruined my hub and i am sure i will probably ruin it again after hope have sent it back.

you can still come my lovely quiggle monster but u would probably need to drive?? are you game as i think i know someone that could go with you if you wished for the road trip???

yeah, i did think of bringin it just incase, what happened to your hub?

yeah, i did think of bringin it just incase, what happened to your hub?

it broke, lol. managed to snap two springs and kill the the body that the springs and pawls sit in. god knows how, but hope better fix it.

the buthiers campsite is 28 euros a week per person. it doesnt say anything about paying per tent too. I assume this includes showers etc. we need some sort of fridge too to keep beer and food cold! rents may have one that drives off the car battery but iremember it being a bit rubbish. should get return crossing for 80-90 pounds. and the rest is just food drink and fuel!

Its best if you contact them first and let them know you're coming. That way, they can open the facilties etc already for you. Could do with knowing specific dates ie 23rd - 29th?

Money wise, £150 should be enough. If you're clever, those of you with nice parents will get them to buy tins of food before you go, so you don't have to eat "le lapin" for tea every night.

Badger days was a great success last year...well it wasn't....half of us got hospitalised but anyway it was still a good experiance and I HIGHLY reccommend anyone who CAN go SHOULD go.

Don't know If I'll be going. I'd love to but being in uni has a serious cramp on my budget :P I'll see what I can do

Thankyou for the advise Partz, would it be best to email of phone them?? (My french has quite alot to be desired).

prices i got from www.base-de-buthiers.fr.

the dates we are aiming for are 21st till the 28th/29th.

Food wise, my plan was to stock up in Carfore or l'eclerc (supermarket) on the way down. Bread, cheese and wine are my priorities, lol.

Edited by Mowgli

Yeah, you were not the only one that was'nt invited (N)

sorry dude, there wasnt really much of a plan. it just came up in conversation and tom said he wanted to come.

if more people are willing to drive come along, it would be awesome to have a bit of a group going. make a good road trip down there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and a friend are up for it. I can't really book the ferry yet as it's not definate definate as we'll have to see after my exams, and also depends on when my friend can finish college. Really looking forward to riding there again though.

Garmin charge too much to upgrade to European mapping :(

We are all set to go,

will be on the 08:00 ferry from dover to calais on 21st June,

spent £180 so far on everything (breakdown, ferry etc) so all that is left is fuel camping and food. So will come to the cost of an average holiday.

Let me know if your going, if u decide to come could always get the same ferry as us and follow us down.

• 2 weeks later...