Are They Any Good ?

2k8-looney

are you dumb?

Its quite possible he hasnt got a clue about rims, for example I have a tryall rear and mavic xc717 - I think theyre both good rims but I dont know any different. If I were to need a new pair of rims I wouldnt have a clue as to what is recommended and generally considered 'the best' :)

Without any additional information (selection criteria) it was a very stupid question though :D

What are good rims ?

If you are a bit of a basher/ aren't very smooth/ go fairly big/ aren't a weight weenie i'd suggest a rear Echo 07, and a front try-all/DOB.

Echo 07's:

Strong as feck, come in lots of nifty coulours and drillings, but weigh about 800g so are some of the heaviest rims out there. Not many people use them on the front as they are very heavy, and a bit too strong for what it will e put through, so the extra weight isn't really needed.

Try-all's:

Strong, lots of nifty colours and drillings, can be a bit weak on the back if you twat it too much.

Front rim of choice for many riders as they are lighter than an echo, but are still very strong.

DOB's:

Light as a light thing. Not many colours to choose from, are fairly wek in comparison to the other rims, so are only good for comps/ if you are a smooth rider. Front, yes. Rear, not so much...

Matt

Thanks Skoze thats the sort of help i wanted not the sarcastic comments from the others, i do no about rims i just wanted some opinions from people to see how they are for other riders, but the echo one you suggested sound like what i need.

cheers